SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

nosering1

Actually i do have this feature enabled on the iphone. I'll try switching it off.
I would prefer having this on however cause it also locks the screen and i always forget to lock it manually.

I tried switching the Auto-lock function off but the Iphone still kept disconnecting from the car bluetooth. I have the 1.1.1 software on the Iphone. Any ideas?

DaveI

Oct 5, 2007
Hi,

I have a Sony K800i and everything works fine - Most of the time !

Now and again the phone will lock up when trying to dial through car.
The only way of turning phone off is by removing battery and turning back on. It then connects to car and works fine ! Ive also updated phone to latest software. Has anybody else had this ??????????????????

I've been using a K800i for about a week now with no problems, also on the newest firmware.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
Hi,

I have a Sony K800i and everything works fine - Most of the time !

Now and again the phone will lock up when trying to dial through car.
The only way of turning phone off is by removing battery and turning back on. It then connects to car and works fine ! Ive also updated phone to latest software. Has anybody else had this ??????????????????

What do you mean by saying that "...the phone will lock up trying to dial through car" ...??? The only way you can dial through car's BT is by having the phone catalogue downloaded to the car's BT (the K800i downloads the SIM phone catalogue) and selecting the name (scrolling up & down) or by voice command (numerical or having previously stored a phone name, i.e. let's say that you have stored a phone number under a certain name, you simply press the open dialogue selection and say: "Dial name", etc)

If you have updated the K800i's software to its latest version, then it should not disconnect, but if problems persist possibly from previous operations with the non-updated software, then delete the car's BT device (named SEAT_UHV) from the phone's BT list and then do the connection again by letting the car's BT to detect the phone (having the phone's BT always activated) and re-upload the whole catalogue.:)

nosering1

I tried switching the Auto-lock function off but the Iphone still kept disconnecting from the car bluetooth. I have the 1.1.1 software on the Iphone. Any ideas?

I updated the iphones software to version 1.1.2 and it seems to work fine with the car bluetooth now. I haven't used it for long calls yet but i tried several 2-3 minute call from the car and there were no connection problems at all.

hangten0

blackberry 8310

Blackberry 8310 works fine for me.

moondevile or anyboy else out there with a blackberry, my 8310 and seat_uhv pair correctly, but does not work (press phone button phone related appears on the display, also says cannot push the contacts to the seat)

any ideas anybody ?

never had an problems with my nokia

update: now working perfectly, started working the next day :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyWolves

Just got a company T-Mobile MDA Compact III with WM6. It downloads the phonebook et al just perfectly.. Also, a nice little touch with the TomTom6 is that the 'ladies' voice gets muted whilst chatting.

zaheerm

Just got a 1.9tdi sport special edition and bluetooth works perfectly with my wife's samsung u700 incl displaying the phonebook.

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Anyone got any experience using a Nokia E50 with the Leon kit? I didn't think it'd have the same problems as the N95 but it's listed on Seat's website as not supporting contact download? Nokia and/or Seat need to sort this out if the latest phones everyone's buying don't work with their car kits properly.

Rob

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

k850i works fine apart from the recent call's list

Irfan

Catalunya

Based on experiences until now, it seems that the older the phone with bluetooth the better it works with Seat Bluetooth system. E.g. if you like Nokia phones and you want SIM phone book visible in the dash and ringing through car loudspeakers and no disconnection/reconnection of bluetooth with annoying "ta-daa" and break in your music listening, go get a phone model which is based on S40. The new S60 phones like Nokia N95, the connection breaks up after couple of minutes and then it starts breaking up/waking up every 15 seconds or so. And you can not get the phone book.

The phone book you can not get from these more advanced phones because they require 16 digit passcode for bluetooth pairing before they allow access to phonebook so that it is little bit more difficult for anyone to sneak your contacts.

I think Seat should provide such BT that the user can give the passcode in initial pairing of equipment instead of using silly preconfigured 4-digit passcode.

Does anyone know if there is possibility to change the length and contents of the passcode in Seat BT? Is there software update available for the radio/bt system of the car?

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Based on experiences until now, it seems that the older the phone with bluetooth the better it works with Seat Bluetooth system. E.g. if you like Nokia phones and you want SIM phone book visible in the dash and ringing through car loudspeakers and no disconnection/reconnection of bluetooth with annoying "ta-daa" and break in your music listening, go get a phone model which is based on S40. The new S60 phones like Nokia N95, the connection breaks up after couple of minutes and then it starts breaking up/waking up every 15 seconds or so. And you can not get the phone book.

The phone book you can not get from these more advanced phones because they require 16 digit passcode for bluetooth pairing before they allow access to phonebook so that it is little bit more difficult for anyone to sneak your contacts.

I think Seat should provide such BT that the user can give the passcode in initial pairing of equipment instead of using silly preconfigured 4-digit passcode.

Does anyone know if there is possibility to change the length and contents of the passcode in Seat BT? Is there software update available for the radio/bt system of the car?

That's interesting - sounds just something silly then that they could sort. Considering all these phones are now being made with the newer operating systems, Seat's Bluetooth option is becoming less and less desirable now until it's sorted as only people with last century's models can use it!

Alternatively, what phones could I maybe look at swapping my N95 that have a decent enough spec (I won't be using it ALL the time so I am loathe to move backwards with my phone just for the occasional use in my new car) that would work properly with the car? My work phone is also an S60 phone (Nokia E50). I find this whole situation extremely annoying. :-(

Rob

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Has anyone tried using a SE W880?

I'm currently using a Qtek 9100 (Windows Mobile) which does everything perfectly, but now I've got a separate Tom Tom I'd like to get something a little less bulky, but will still keep all of the BT compatibility features :)

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
If the Apple iPhone doesn't support PBAP either, how is it able to work properly with the Leon? Does it? This could be a possible change for me to investigate to replace the N95.

Rob

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Nokia 6500 Classic works and downloads phonebook.

Does this mean the 6500 slide will work too? :confused:

I have a SE K810i that does that annoying connect and disconnect thing and a Nokia 6230 (work) which is fine but a not cool phone [B)]!!!!! Will try the SE update as discussed earlier!

Last edited:

benkay

Hi all,

I can confirm that the iPhone (mine's running 1.1.2) works perfectly with the Bluetooth...including phone book, and all call logs.

It was a pleasant suprise to say the least!
Ben

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Does this mean the 6500 slide will work too? :confused:

I have a SE K810i that does that annoying connect and disconnect thing and a Nokia 6230 (work) which is fine but a not cool phone [B)]!!!!! Will try the SE update as discussed earlier!

Updated and now my SE K810i works again!!!! Thanks for the tip :clap:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I have my k800i firmware upgraded, paired and working.

I don't have a manual so could someone tell me how to get voice dialing working? I said phonebook and it told me it was empty.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise