Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other???

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
I think this has been covered but I tried search and couldn't find it. Might find a homer moment coming soon...

What fuel (petrol) do you guys run in your Cupras / TFSI FR's??

Normal
Tesco Super
Optimax
BP Ultimate
Supermarket
Other

Maybe I should set this up as a poll mmmmm

Also any performance differences between the fuels??..

I was told rightly or wrongly that the busiest petrol stations always had the best fuel as the fuel in the tanks did not have chance to start degrading... If this is the case supermarkets must be the right place to fill up.

Right / wrong??

bobphatboyphat

Jul 6, 2007
Tescos Super unleaded.

just happens to be round the corner and selling the 99 unleaded. just a shame its 123.9p a litre.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I either use sainsburys 97, as its the cheapest in the area, or esso 97 as its by my work.

wobblelino

Feb 7, 2008
Herts
Usually Shell as it's the closest to me. Although sometimes the supermarket because it's 5p cheaper!

To be honest though I don't see any difference.

On the weekend I filled up a full tank from Sainsburys (117) and used up approximately over half a tank to get to Bournemouth and back (as well as intermitent driving when down there). All in all i did about 280 miles so to be just under half a tank means I'm pretty pleased.

Unless the fuel is better for the car then i don't care - the cheaper the better.

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Usually Shell as it's the closest to me. Although sometimes the supermarket because it's 5p cheaper!

To be honest though I don't see any difference.

On the weekend I filled up a full tank from Sainsburys (117) and used up approximately over half a tank to get to Bournemouth and back (as well as intermitent driving when down there). All in all i did about 280 miles so to be just under half a tank means I'm pretty pleased.

Unless the fuel is better for the car then i don't care - the cheaper the better.

280 miles to half a tank in a petrol!?!?!?!

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
we used to use tesco super but have had to cut back to regular petrol recently due the price of fuel :(
(every penny helps when we spend over £100 a week on petrol between us)

holy moley wobblelineo, 280 miles on half a tank!!! this is the petrol thread you meant to post in :p

marks97

It's possible on a 1.4 TSI but you would have to granny it. The best I've had was 460 miles on a tank.

How? I can get no where near that. I can only get the high 300's if i'm good. What petrol are you using?

Smiler-MK2

Fear The Inferi
Dec 2, 2007
Cheshire
how do i become a shell v power club member?
Pick up a card at the shell petrol station,then register it online ;)
Then you can log in and see your points,offers,rewards
This months promo is Save 30% on VIP tickets for the 2008 British International Motor Show,Avoid the crowds and save 30% on the price of tickets for the exclusive opening VIP Preview Day on 23 July ;)
How do I join the Shell V-Power Club
Shell Drivers’ Club card holders may be upgraded by Shell to the Shell V-Power Club when they make a total purchase of 300 litres of Shell fuel in a given quarter, and at least 150 litres of that is Shell V-Power or Shell V-Power Diesel.

Raffles

Jul 17, 2007
Staffordshire
Would use Supermarket 99ron if any near me but use BP instead. Only getting about 250 miles on a tank but mostly town driving. When I picked the car up managed an average 32mpg over 150 miles but all motorway !

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise