engine oil

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
wots the best oil for the 1.8t engine having a oil change on monday and need to get the stuff + how much oil does the 1.8t take?

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
best oil you can get is miller oil. not recommended as a first oil as its that good at a lubricant that it doesntlet things wear in but since yours has worn in already id recommend it 100% very healthy for your engine...

no idea how much it would take... and its relatively cheap too, i think about half the price of castrol magnatek

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
oil capacity is 4.5L i think, i have used magnatec/vw stnd semi syn for the last 58K. I will be using either magnatec or Halfords fully synthetic next. I change the oil and filter every 6k or 6 months.

This used in a Jabbasport stage3 IHI ibiza.

Lots of oils out there but if it does 95% of its time doing normal road driving then are the motorsport oils really required. If you want some try Silkolene Pro s.

http://www.silkoleneoil.com/raceprod.htm

Last edited:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
James pop into RPM in ware and ask Lee for some of the silkolene (sp?) great stuff and its a funky red colour so you can see how its doing. It sthe only stuff i run mine on now

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.