Revotechnik

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Exeo & Exeo ST

Exeo & Exeo ST Based on the Audi A4 B7 Platform 2009-

Old 09-01-2018, 19:00   #1
Dicko90

Dicko90 has 10 points
Value of my Exeo ST?

Sorry to be doing one of these “how much is my car worth” threads but the Exeo is so tricky to value with not so many of them about. Getting an itch to go back to a hatchback petrol so just looking for a rough figure.

Spec as follows:

62 Reg Seat Exeo ST 2.0 TDi 143 Manual (facelift)
White
Sport Tech trim- Bose, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Full leather, Cruise Control, Steering Controls, Rear Parking Sensors.
Winter pack- Heated front seats, washer jets & mirrors
LED headlights
MOT: 2018
FSH mainly SEAT history apart from the last two.
Cambelt & Waterpump replaced using Genuine VAG parts at VASSTECH (34932 miles)
Oil & Filter Change using Quantum fully Synthetic 5w30 & VW filter, brake fluid & Fuel filter also changed at the same time at VASSTECH (37153 miles).
18” Quartz alloys unmarked with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 2’s all round.

I have also fitted the A4 B7 plenum and battery covers to keep debris out and tidy up the engine bay, and have fitted the Genuine SEAT heavy duty boot liner so the boot is like brand new.

When I first purchased the car i had a custom Cat back stainless steel exhaust made by Darkside Developments (no powerflow rubbish) as the original silencer was rotting off which has a lifetime warranty. DPF/Cat still present a standard exhaust could easily be fitted straight back on if preferred. I opted for OEM style tips so looks very subtle.
All original books & wallet are present with every MOT and invoice for all the work which has been carried out.

2 Remote Keys

It really is in very good condition bar the unavoidable stone chips if I’m being picky.
I’m very particular with my cars it took me sometime to find the right one especially with the winter pack which in my opinion is a must for leather seats!!

Any advice greatly received,

Thanks
Nick

Last edited by Dicko90; 09-01-2018 at 22:26.
Dicko90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 20:00   #2
caldi

caldi has 10 points
For a private sale about £5000, has it had the dreaded emissions update?
caldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:17   #3
Dicko90

Dicko90 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldi View Post
For a private sale about £5000, has it had the dreaded emissions update?
5k!!! The mileage is 38k not 138k The cheapest one on autotrader with the same spec and nearly double the mileage is up for 8k. Sport tech spec seem to hold their money a lot better especially the facelift than the cheaper spec ones. Thanks for the input though.

Nick
Old 11-01-2018, 13:14   #4
caldi

caldi has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko90 View Post
5k!!! The mileage is 38k not 138k The cheapest one on autotrader with the same spec and nearly double the mileage is up for 8k. Sport tech spec seem to hold their money a lot better especially the facelift than the cheaper spec ones. Thanks for the input though.

Nick
Just going on what is selling, not what may be asked by dreamers, I have seen 2 nice 2013 techs go for £5500 and my march 2013 is £6000, low mileage will not increase the price, high mileage will decrease though, I am quoting dealer prices with warranty, you are asking private value!
Old 11-01-2018, 14:49   #5
Dicko90

Dicko90 has 10 points
Quote:
Just going on what is selling, not what may be asked by dreamers, I have seen 2 nice 2013 techs go for £5500 and my march 2013 is £6000, low mileage will not increase the price, high mileage will decrease though, I am quoting dealer prices with warranty, you are asking private value!
, You canít compare a Tech to a Sport Tech itís like comparing a SE to M sport or a technik to an S line in the BMW & Audi world. And I beg to differ about low mileage not increasing the value of a car! Iíve already been offered today 7k for mine up against a A4 S Line.
Old 11-01-2018, 14:59   #6
Tamas328

Tamas328 has 10 points
low mileage increases the value, I have always paid extra in the past for 20-30k mile cars as unlike the number on the reg (stupid number plate obsession in this country...) low mileage will actually make a massive difference in wear/tear parts, faults, running costs etc.

my car is the same spec, so did a quick search on WBAC (adjusted to your mileage) and it came up with £5.8K

I know theres fees etc to come off but mine is 11 plate so pre facelift.

£5K is ridiculous.
Tamas328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 19:24   #7
caldi

caldi has 10 points
I was looking at this one, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Seat...vip=true&rt=nc. as an example!
Dealer sale with 3 months warranty
I know it is more miles than yours (but on an Exeo diesel this is no problem) and its not a sport (cheaper tyres and more comfortable ride on our terrible roads)
I just thought why should someone pay more for a private sale with all the possible pitfalls?
Old 11-01-2018, 19:32   #8
caldi

caldi has 10 points
Tamas I have to disagree with this statement

"low mileage will actually make a massive difference in wear/tear parts, faults, running costs etc"

No way on a modern quality built car, my Exeo had 103,000 on it when I bought, its now got 163,000 and over nearly 3 years it has cost me a new rear spring (due to the potholes) £85 fitted, it drives like new and has returned 51.45 MPG over those 60,000 miles.
Old 11-01-2018, 20:08   #9
Dicko90

Dicko90 has 10 points
Quote:
I was looking at this one, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Seat...vip=true&rt=nc. as an example!
Dealer sale with 3 months warranty
I know it is more miles than yours (but on an Exeo diesel this is no problem) and its not a sport (cheaper tyres and more comfortable ride on our terrible roads)
I just thought why should someone pay more for a private sale with all the possible pitfalls?
Just because you prefer a cheaper spec Exeo doesnít mean all other Exeo estates are the same value. Anyway I give up this is painful itís like talking to a brick wall, Iíll use ďSport Tech STísĒ currently for sale on the likes of Autotrader and Ebay to give me a rough idea of price.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2018, 10:40   #10
Tamas328

Tamas328 has 10 points
Quote:
Tamas I have to disagree with this statement

"low mileage will actually make a massive difference in wear/tear parts, faults, running costs etc"

No way on a modern quality built car, my Exeo had 103,000 on it when I bought, its now got 163,000 and over nearly 3 years it has cost me a new rear spring (due to the potholes) £85 fitted, it drives like new and has returned 51.45 MPG over those 60,000 miles.
Few years ago a friend of mine bought a 2 year old Golf GT TDI 170 with 98K miles. From the outside the car looked brand new, it drove great, I thought he did well. A few months later engine management light kept coming on and car would get into limp mode (it was losing coolant among other issues). He was in and out of the garage, spending about £5k on repairs, including cracked header, new injector nozzles, god knows what else. Some covered under warranty some not. He was throwing good money after bad and ended up selling the car at a massive loss.

All I`m saing is the more mileage the bigger risk you take when buying a 2nd hand car. I think you can count yourself verylucky because probably the previous owner(s) did a good job servicing the car but this is not guaranteed and even a "full service history" can be falsified.

Less miles mean lower risk so will command a higher price.
Tamas328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 20:13   #11
caldi

caldi has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamas328 View Post
Few years ago a friend of mine bought a 2 year old Golf GT TDI 170 with 98K miles. From the outside the car looked brand new, it drove great, I thought he did well. A few months later engine management light kept coming on and car would get into limp mode (it was losing coolant among other issues). He was in and out of the garage, spending about £5k on repairs, including cracked header, new injector nozzles, god knows what else. Some covered under warranty some not. He was throwing good money after bad and ended up selling the car at a massive loss.

All I`m saing is the more mileage the bigger risk you take when buying a 2nd hand car. I think you can count yourself verylucky because probably the previous owner(s) did a good job servicing the car but this is not guaranteed and even a "full service history" can be falsified.

Less miles mean lower risk so will command a higher price.
Then there is or was Vagtacho, caveat emptor, its always a risk so why pay top price Private with no come back if you are sold a lemon?
Old 13-01-2018, 19:09   #12
caldi

caldi has 10 points
Dicko, I had a test drive in a 61 plate 170 bhp ST Sport Tech today, it confirmed my opinion of ths spec, its like getting out of a Bentley and driving a Mini, bloke wanted £6999, I said £6000 and it was a deal, no way, I would not have done a straight exchange on my CR Tech for it even though it has 60,000 more miles on it! The ST has a dumbed-down sound system, a tiny Sub in the wheel arch compared to the beefy sub in the parcel shelf on a saloon, combined with the superior accoustics of a saloon I am sure I have this sorted. I think I must be strange as I judge a car by its drivability and not the look from the outside (I can see the attraction of an ST Sport Tech for the average 18 to 30 year old though!)
I am not the only one to notice this
Performance: 2.0 petrol: top speed 149mph, 0-62mph in 7.3 sec, EU Urban fuel consumption 25.9mpg, CO2 emissions 179g/km. 2.0 turbodiesel (170bhp version in brackets): 133mph (142mph), 9.2sec (8.4sec), 37.2mpg (34.9mpg), 143g/km (153g/km).

We like: High level of equipment, interesting sunroof technology, value for money, motorway cruising, improved ride over the old A4.

We don't like: Harsh ride of sports suspension, numb steering, noisy diesels.

Last edited by caldi; 13-01-2018 at 19:23. Reason: more info
Old 13-01-2018, 20:03   #13
dazzler

dazzler has 10 points
pity i didnt see this sooner although didnt really want the st or the 143,but would have made offer around 6k-but got 170 sport 55k fsh with leather for £5400
dazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 20:12   #14
dazzler

dazzler has 10 points
WHAT I LIKE- MPG COMPARED TO PETROLS,my toledo v5 is gone but this 170 sport is FUN.pity it doesnt sound like the v5.but what the hell put £30 in when i bought it still have 1/4 tank left.and i have a v5 foot
Old 13-01-2018, 21:19   #15
caldi

caldi has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzler View Post
pity i didnt see this sooner although didnt really want the st or the 143,but would have made offer around 6k-but got 170 sport 55k fsh with leather for £5400
Yes, I think the smart way is to look at sold prices not asked prices, takes a few days longer but its worth it if you want to sell your car
Old 13-01-2018, 22:22   #16
CRNeo

CRNeo has 10 points
Arse has complete fallen out of the second hand market - never mind the derv market which is completely ****ed now thanks to dieselgate etc.

All the market is gonna flood with ex-pcp vehicles also.... great for buyers, shit for private sales.

Mileage doesn't always = more money either, depends.
CRNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 22:31   #17
dazzler

dazzler has 10 points
arnold clark glasgow had for sale 61 plate 170 sport tech with leather sat nav bose ect 57 k i think for £5700 fsh ect i actually offered to pay to have it delivered to a closer store or if i went to glasgow would i get discount-answer was no.i made a choice to sacrifice sat nav ect for the engine and a better colour/condition.1st gear shit but it doesnt engage traction control like the 2.3 v5 toledo,2nd and upwards would leave the toledo behind.a while ago i raced(not on public roads) a golf gtd only when he gave up did i manage to get in front.but these cars are not built for that speed because even the toledo becomes very light at the front at 140mph with more available but i would not try it.older and wiser now but the 170 exeo rocks,was looking for skoda octavia vrs but outpriced so found something that was faster and cheaper though higher insurance