Leon 20vt fmic project

seatcupra2001

Apr 26, 2009
Andover,hampshire
Hi every 1 i have'nt been on here in a while laptop broken

Right to the point i remember seeing a post how to fit a front mount intercooler

The only problem is it was to a leon cupra r.....

The cupra r inlet manifold has the throttle body on the righthand side

And my cupra 20vt throttle bodie is on the left side so the piping is'nt the same

so does anybody no where i could get 1 really cheap of a guide how to fit one???

he's a pic of cupra 20vt
5293_1197243096322_1385836507_30545470_7113065_n.jpg

thanks for lookin:D

mattdavies

Pre-Facelift Bumpers FTW
Jan 24, 2009
Maidenhead
IF you look on ebay there is a company called intercooler king and they do twin pass intercoolers that have inlet and outlet on the same side. If you do a search on her someone with a diesel has installed one, probably best to PM him about how he did it.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Look at my readers ride thread, theres not a guide but there is some pictures that may help :)

You can also buy a kit on ebay for £250 that would save a lot of messing about.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Adam did you build your intercooler kit ?

What would you suggest for a home brew intercooler set up ?

Yes built it from scratch and it was a pain in the arse!

I'd advise buying the £250 kit of Ebay, Dan/Kenetic has this kit on his and speaks highly of it :)

Few pics of mine

91840333.jpg

32341433.jpg

42728405.jpg

92728424.jpg

18807243.jpg

87897258.jpg

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

hmmm lol so does this kit off ebay fit directly to my leon and i dont require anything else??

no, be warned now, these are "not" straight bolt on kits, and do require a bit of modifying

not only that, the ebay kits do not come with the modified crash bar - additional cost

there was the exact same discussion on this the other day, with "over priced" kits from Forge and Pro Alloy

however the extra cost of these kits come with aspects like

1. pre modified crash bar
2. direct bolt on kit
3 customer after care

it depends how confident you are with doing this yourself to go down the ebay route, or wanting a more easier option of fit and forget and a direct bolt on solution, but these kits sold from Forge and PA come at a price of course

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I think it does bolt straight on? Thats proper kit with the MAP pipe not the mk4 golf kit.

I know Dan has this kit on his so sure he can tell us.

Dont think it needs a modified crash bar either.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah its unusual to get beaded pipes, silicon couplers and proper T bar clamps for that price.

The cooler may not be the same build quality as the really expensive ones but people who have the cheap ones report no problems from what I can see.

jamiebennett81

Yeah its unusual to get beaded pipes, silicon couplers and proper T bar clamps for that price.

The cooler may not be the same build quality as the really expensive ones but people who have the cheap ones report no problems from what I can see.

I run a PA on my hybrid, overkill as some might say, but boy, it does its job alright:D

I got the full setup from PA for £500.......;) (fitted)