Cupras - engine cover

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
The owners have taken them off, that's the only logical reason!
Its only 5 screws, and its alot easier to work in the engine bay without it.

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
I thought that might be the reason :) I think it looks much neater with it on.. but will probably end up doing the same as everyone else once I've found an Ibiza of my own :p

So I guess if I go to look at one and it doesn't have an engine cover that's a good sign that the owner's been messing :)

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
Forbez said:
Good or bad sign though!!

Yeah I know what you mean :) at least though I can play dumb and ask if it's been tinkered with and find out if he's an honest seller :)

PhilW said:
I want a carbon one!

Ahhh you're a member of the bling brigade are you?! :D seen plenty on the PGAC but this is the first mention of engine bay tarting up I've witnessed on these forums :p I thought you guys were more into raw power ;)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
PaulD said:
Yeah I know what you mean :) at least though I can play dumb and ask if it's been tinkered with and find out if he's an honest seller :)

Ahhh you're a member of the bling brigade are you?! :D seen plenty on the PGAC but this is the first mention of engine bay tarting up I've witnessed on these forums :p I thought you guys were more into raw power ;)

Yeah i love my bling. Gettin all polished up soon.

Today 14:16
Undezcupra I want a carbon one 2!! anyone got any ideas of where to get one??

Unfortunatly you cant get one, no matter what a certain website if you search for it says.

I've half made one, just needs to be finished now.

flashbsd

dealer broke mine off while changing the brake servo hose under a recall, so dont assume its the owner.

there are tell tale signs for mods, check the DV, if its a stock one, are the hose clips originals or jubilee ones? Usually thats the first mod peeps do :)

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
flashbsd said:
dealer broke mine off while changing the brake servo hose under a recall, so dont assume its the owner.

there are tell tale signs for mods, check the DV, if its a stock one, are the hose clips originals or jubilee ones? Usually thats the first mod peeps do :)

What do the original hose clips look like and where's the DV located?

Martin CUK

CruisinUK.com
Jul 13, 2004
NW
www.cruisinuk.com
Any covers on Ebay will be Golf/Leon/TT etc ones, which won't fit the Ibiza. Like Phil says, there just isn't one availble yet.

If Forge say they're making one tho, we might have a nice cover available soon. :D

flashbsd

the hose clips aren't propper jubilee clips, they are one use ones without a screw thread, so if the car has a screw thread jubilee clip (as the old ones cant be reused) they have been changed for a reason :)

hope this helps, other things to look for are.... any cabling left from boost gauges, wiring from oil temp sensors hanging behind the dash anywhere.

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
When i spoke to the forge guys at the n.e.c they said it's on its way, lol whatever that means! They said it will be out at the same time as the forge strut brace for the mk3, they need to get a move on!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.