Squeaking/creaking clutch pedal...

Evening all,

Now whilst im in 'fix everything' mode, I was wondering, i've noticed on my new mk3 cupra, the clutch pedal is very squeaky/creaky, almost like the sounds haunted house doors make in films etc
I almost think it feels like there is movement/flex from the pedal.

The sound happens when pressing the clutch, but mainly when releasing it back (release bearings?)

It seems a little heavier than my old cupra mk3 clutch, but for all I know it's been uprated or replaced by a previous owner.

Basically, as I will be getting it remapped soon, I wonder if it's worth just replacing the clutch, im not made of money, but I can't be bothered to mess around if things are faulty.

When searching for this, it only really brings up the clutch pedal snapping and needing re-welding, is this something that would cause the above?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Mine was doing this about 3-4months ago and it turned out my slave cylinder was leaking, it then started sticking on the floor and i had to use my foot to pop the lutch pedal back up. Got fixed and now its started doing it again and feels really gravely on the initial push down and when it comes back up....weird... and soooo annoying!!

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
mine creaks like a good'en, has done for a bout a year now, i find if i spray some silicone lubricant in the bit the rod goes into (clutch master cylinder) it it shuts it up for a week or so, but it always comes back :(

nothing seems wrong with it, but it's damn annoying!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
must be a common thing mine does it started doing it about a week after i got it seems fine though..:confused:

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
hmm does sound common, I was going to post about this aswell. Mines had the pedal welded already but I just get that horrible thought of something snapping!! What's the tell tell signs of a clutch on it's way out?

Tell tale signs of a clutch on the way out are;

If you floor it in say, 2nd or 3rd gear, watch the rev counter, if it goes up smoothly, the clutch is holding the power OK.

If it say goes to 3krpm, then looks like it's bounched slightly backward, then carries on, thats usually a good sign the clutch is going!

In otherwords if it doesn't move through the rev's smooth - a good way to explain is kinda like the rev meter 'wheelspinning' if you get what I mean! They call it slipping.

People also say, if you find it hard to get into gear, but to be honest, thats a tricky one, as my MK4 Cupra was nearly new, and at times that used to struggle to get into first or crunch going into 3rd etc, so sometimes it's just normal! (Or a syncro problem, but I doubt these cars have that issue much).

Does seem to happen to a few cars though reading the above, I was in pulsebass's car, and his doesn't seem to do it as much, but it's certainly there.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise