Configurator and brochures are live

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
It seems to an almost universal truth, acknowledged in many road tests, that going for the biggest wheels on offer is a bad idea dynamically - and yet I'd bet money that big wheels are one of the most popular options.

But then I've never thought that high heels were a good idea dynamically...

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Generally speaking the larger wheels are a nicer design

Obviously a matter of opinion, but ultimately it depends on whether you want to spend money making the car dynamically worse in the interests of making it, in your view, aesthetically better

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Funny that, considering you've been telling us for weeks how boring you thought the design was.......

I agree with you on the wheels though, I prefer the 17s that come standard on the FR but in the optional darker colour.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
did they change the crap power steering system present in the MK4 and MK5?

Feb 8, 2011
There is a new brochure (August) on the SEAT UK site. This one has a proper "blob chart" so that you can see clearly what is included or perhaps in the case of the SE what isn't included :(.

'Lowlights' of the SE, which I have on my 2011 1.2 TSi SE, are:-

Heated door mirrors.
Mirror in passenger sun visor.
Height adjustable passenger seat.
Front seatback storage pockets.
Rear electric windows.
Cruise control.
Rear disc brakes.
Alarm.
A decent bright paint job without paying extra - mines red!
A 45 litre fuel tank - it's down to 40.

On a 2017 car I'd also expect to get a DAB radio!

We had a look at a new SE the other day and took along a couple of suitcases and a bigish cardboard box since that's what two of us put in the boot on holiday. I can't believe the boot is 58 litres (297 -> 355) bigger; I'd guess more like 20. I'm suspect the salesman didn't believe the difference either when he saw the stuff in both the old and new cars!

All in all we were pretty disappointed and wound up buying a nearly new VW Polo 1.2 TSi Match which has all the kit on the list above and more - parking sensors and DAB radio etc etc. We don't actually need a car 3 inches wider - the lanes around here are narrow!

We'd have bought a new or nearly new old Ibiza but the models with 1.0 TSi or 1.2 TSi engine don't have cruise control unless you go for the FR and we didn't want the "Sports" seats and harder ride with more road noise from the 45 profile tyres. It's too late to order cruise as an option since production has stopped.

Petrol consumption of the new Ibiza 1.0 TSI 95 is the same as the old Polo 1.2 TSI 90 (60 mpg - might get 50) and 0-62 acceleration is the same. So I get the same performance and economy with the smoother 4 cylinder EA211 engine which shouldn't have the timing chain worries of the 8 valve 1.2 TSI we have on the Ibiza.

No point waiting to see the new Polo - that may include more kit but you'll sure pay for it!

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The Leon 1.2Tsi Dynamic SE with all the available discount works out pretty much the same a month as a 1.0 Ibiza SE!! Better engine, better spec for the same amount a month on PCP... :shrug:

I am seriously going to look at a Leon in a couple of months, depends if the level of discount has improved on the Ibiza, but the SE still seems a bit poverty spec and the FR is pretty much spot on... I can see myself ending up in a Leon TBH.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise