Engines/DSG availability

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Does anyone know if it is likely the FR will come with a DSG on the 1.5 Evo engine at some point or even the 1.0 115?

Is it likely the Xcellence will ever come with more than the 1.0 engine even maybe the 1.0 115 ?

Surprise no winter pack on any spec as well.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
In Spain the both the FR and Excellence have 1.0/115/6M and 1.0/115/7DSG options already.

Even the SE equivalent Style in Spain can have the 1.0/115/6M.

There is no equivalent to the rubbish UK spec FR-lite with only 95PS.

Last edited:

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Interesting been onto Seat Germany and I could get an Xcellence with the 115 dsg and the winter pack. Looks like Seat UK give us bad options at times. FR has rear electrical windows as well

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Spanish buyers can have a Winter Pack too for E350.
To be fair Madrid is up in the hills and it's bloody cold from November on.

jamesyboyjim

Apr 13, 2016
There will be an FR with the 1.5L engine and DSG coming later.

Yes I hear the FR will get the 1.5 engine with DSG option in the UK but not straight away. This is the engine I'm interested in :)

I wish they'd give the Ibiza the new GTi engine from the Polo though :( maybe one day!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Sales rep at Westfield Seat shop/showroom, when I asked, he said no DSG with 1.5 ever on Ibiza, just like no DSG on old 1.4 EcoTSI previously. Lets see if true on not, oh...the chrom exhausts on FR are fake...only single round exhaust hidden under on the left.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
To be fair, sales would say that if they're only going to have manuals to sell for the foreseeable future wouldn't they?

Clearly, the engine/gearbox combo is available on other VAG vehicles, even in Britain.

Last edited:

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
1.5 in europe is only available as FR - meant to be sporty, but engine does not have sporty characteristic. It has flat torque.

It won't be available in Ibiza with DSG. Maybe in Polo or A1.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Sorry to update an old thread, but for 2019 it now looks like the Xcellence will be available with the 1.0 TSI 115bhp in manual and dsg. LED headlights now std, new Xcellence Lux to give digital dash and larger alloys as well.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Sorry to update an old thread, but for 2019 it now looks like the Xcellence will be available with the 1.0 TSI 115bhp in manual and dsg. LED headlights now std, new Xcellence Lux to give digital dash and larger alloys as well.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that before...

MY19 & Easy Offer

;)

Dillon Lawrence

Jun 24, 2018
And FR Sport trim will have the virtual cockpit.

@Scrogg What does the 'Spring Pack' refer to on the new FR Sport? Has the sport suspension been removed from the FR?

The LED DRLs actually look quite unique in the standard headlights, I just think they should be brighter.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise