Reputation?

gregdaisley

New Icons?

Hi, just noticed some new icons on the side of every post...

Ones for reputation, I presume you hit it if you think its a worthwhile post to build a users rep and the other is a little green square at the bottom. It says on a distinguished road or something?

Can anyone elaborate?

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Veyron

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
I don't know if its just me who noticed, but there appears to be a reputation system jumped into life since my last visit.... Had a *brief* search, as I thought typing 'reputation' into the search would bring it straight to light, but no joy.

Whats the new feature for, please? My only concern, if it is what I think it is, that the size of the site will turn each one's 'reputation' into a gauge on how popular they are with the site's 'users', rather than the.... usefulness of an individual post, if it is used at all!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I did and that person now has 20 points.

Edit: Although I just tired it with you nightflight and it made no difference, maybe it's like the post count and only adds to the score depending on which section of the forum you're in.
So maybe the likes of general off topic doesn't count.

It was in the mk5 FAQ section that is seemed to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veyron

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
<tam wonders> If we can negative rep mods ... hrrmmmm </tam wonders>

Goes of to find m0rk :D

edited to add.....

Drat - can only add reps to posters not remove....

Strangely - i can rep myself .... (hay! at least i'll love myself.)

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I did and that person now has 20 points.

Edit: Although I just tired it with you nightflight and it made no difference, maybe it's like the post count and only adds to the score depending on which section of the forum you're in.
So maybe the likes of general off topic doesn't count.

It was in the mk5 FAQ section that is seemed to work.

Weird, that's where I tried to dish out some rep, it seems like it's "gone through" because I can't re-rep someone so soon, one person i've rep'd has 20 points, the other still 10, yet i can't re-rep their post..

Last edited:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
I still cant! Clicked usercp but just all the options on the left no reputation option though, to find out who gave me 10points lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.