Syphon's 2017 MK3 LEON CUPRA 300

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Syphon - I'm wondering if I should go for the same Gtechniq treatment as you did for my ST FR that I will (hopefully) pick up next weekend.

Does it work as paint protection, i.e from scratches, stone chips etc?

Cheers,
Maciek

It puts a protective layer on the paint against the elements and "micro marring". It doesn't offer protection from stone chips (from their website):

"As a side note on this: ceramic or any other type of paint coating, no matter how much their marketing claims tell you otherwise, cannot offer any meaningful protection against stone chipping as in order to absorb the impact of a pebble travelling at triple digit speeds, you need to have a relatively thick and relatively soft membrane. " http://gtechniq.com/customer-service/faq/

I still wouldn't be without it on a new car personally.

Good luck with the car :)

Scott

MadCow

Jan 6, 2017
I guess you have to go for either a protective layer (like Gtechniq) or a clearbra, having both is not an opition?

I'm not gonna spend a lot of time cleaning the car (usually it's just a quick wash with a pressure washer), will I notice any difference? I would happily invest some of my time into washing it by hand but I don't have anywhere to do it... So let's say it's pressure washed once/twice a month (I'm driving usually only on weekends) plus good wash (detailing?) 3-4 times a year - is it worth to get the coat in your opinion?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I guess you have to go for either a protective layer (like Gtechniq) or a clearbra, having both is not an opition?

I'm not gonna spend a lot of time cleaning the car (usually it's just a quick wash with a pressure washer), will I notice any difference? I would happily invest some of my time into washing it by hand but I don't have anywhere to do it... So let's say it's pressure washed once/twice a month (I'm driving usually only on weekends) plus good wash (detailing?) 3-4 times a year - is it worth to get the coat in your opinion?

If you haven't got lots of time to keep it clean, then I'd recommend the coating. The car certainly stays cleaner for longer in my experience, and you can often get away with a snow foam and jet wash off if you need to give it quick makeover.

Scott

kevlaa

Altea Stylance / Arona FR Evo
Oct 12, 2010
s.wales
I'll be honest I even prefer the look of the 5 door you definitely made the right choice. Beautiful car pal.

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Pretty easy. Order a new badge in black (from the 290 black pack) and swap it over.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My dealer is charging £21 + Vat for a black cuppa badge but the dealer is unwilling to fit before delivery. Concerned about removing badge from new car.... The techs clearly have used a hair drying and floss before. simples.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Enjoy keeping it clean white and black are by far the most annoying colour to keep tidy.

Ps word of advice when it goes in for its first service. Do NOT let Seat vacuum and clean it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Enjoy keeping it clean white and black are by far the most annoying colour to keep tidy.

Ps word of advice when it goes in for its first service. Do NOT let Seat vacuum and clean it

Ta - my last one was white. the coating makes it much easier - was almost as easy to keep clean as my silver MK2. Of course - my dealer knows I like to do all that myself - strictly no cleaning :)

Scott

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Ta - my last one was white. the coating makes it much easier - was almost as easy to keep clean as my silver MK2. Of course - my dealer knows I like to do all that myself - strictly no cleaning :)

Scott

My dealer didn't as my misses dropped my 290 off while at work.

OMG I could of cried the illegal swirl merchants do a better job but the branch manager was very quick to book in a polish and wax with life time something products god knows what that is though

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
My dealer didn't as my misses dropped my 290 off while at work.

OMG I could of cried the illegal swirl merchants do a better job but the branch manager was very quick to book in a polish and wax with life time something products god knows what that is though

Nightmare. At least they tried to make amends.

Scott

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Nightmare. At least they tried to make amends.

Scott

If your into keeping your car in immaculate condition like me and enjoy the odd waxing it your self

Dodo dodo juice is by far the best product I've used around £30 for a very small pot probably 3 uses out of it, each wax works for different colours.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
If your into keeping your car in immaculate condition like me and enjoy the odd waxing it your self

Dodo dodo juice is by far the best product I've used around £30 for a very small pot probably 3 uses out of it, each wax works for different colours.

Ta, I know that's good stuff. I'm bought into Getechniq though. :)

I'm giving it it's first wash tomorrow which will be nice and relaxing with a nice bit of sunshine :)

Scott

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Started the car this morning and it wasn't happy. Alarms beeping away. Drove it round the block and they cleared.

Bit of a worry but has been fine since. Dodgy sensor I guess. Will keep my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

Scott
c38f0ec85564e45d23a80fe033923847.jpg
2751837e323dee7e7c9ef23e9fe8933c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Yes drove for a good couple of hours since and not been a problem.

Scott

I am glad that is ok now.

Are you satisfied with the car? I mean no other problems yet like rattling doors?
I did order same car like this,hope won't have problems.

I have Seat Toledo 2001 and I am driving it for 10+ years and build quality is so much better then those newer cars.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I am glad that is ok now.

Are you satisfied with the car? I mean no other problems yet like rattling doors?
I did order same car like this,hope won't have problems.

I have Seat Toledo 2001 and I am driving it for 10+ years and build quality is so much better then those newer cars.

Yes, it's an amazing car. You won't be disappointed, especially if you're coming from a 2001 Toledo :)

Scott

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Yes, it's an amazing car. You won't be disappointed, especially if you're coming from a 2001 Toledo :)

Scott

I had BMW E90 LCi 2010 year 2.0 177 HP and it was amazing car,just didnt had rooftop from equipment in it,rest all was,and it had M suspension,sick for driving.But brother wanted it,so I gave it to him,wanted to order Ateca but it wasnt for me yet.Had a test drive in Cupra 290 damn its fast as arrow.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members