Anyone ordered yet?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Seems to be a few deals floating about locally, but nothing spectacular, most seem be on the 1.0 mpi rather than tsi unfortunately. Best online deal I can get is about £15,500 for an Excellance spec.

Rather annoyinly the deals are far better for finance deals when I want to pay cash :cry:

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Use drive the deal or another online broker. £15k is too much!

If you get better deals on finance then take the finance deal, then settle early days/weeks later...

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Thanks guys, prices above were from carwow, drive the deal seems better so will look further into them I think.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Well Drive the Deal were better at £14,500 but dealer was a bit away and no trade in option.

Went to local dealer at the weekend pulled the trigger on 1.0 TSI Xcellence in Monsoon Grey for my wife.

Price was pretty good, beat everyone that had replied from CarWow, also beat the What Car target price and gave me a very good price on the part-ex. Got 3 years servicing and 1st MOT thrown in and a dash cam.

Overall happy with the deal, car on a boat so should be here within 2 weeks.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Bloomin Nora!!

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and the dealer told me a provisional build of the car 6 weeks from now!

I did order all the extras so maybe that's the reason, then another 3 weeks for delivery

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Well Drive the Deal were better at £14,500 but dealer was a bit away and no trade in option.

Went to local dealer at the weekend pulled the trigger on 1.0 TSI Xcellence in Monsoon Grey for my wife.

Price was pretty good, beat everyone that had replied from CarWow, also beat the What Car target price and gave me a very good price on the part-ex. Got 3 years servicing and 1st MOT thrown in and a dash cam.

Overall happy with the deal, car on a boat so should be here within 2 weeks.

What was the dealer?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I used local Arnold Clark in Edinburgh think we may have got extra as we already have 2 Seats bought from them.

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Ordered a SE 95BHP in white with LED Headlights, Sat Nav and media pack inc DAB and Spare Wheel yesterday for my wife
And used Carwow to get nearly £1800 off the list :D
No delivery date yet but was quoted 10-12 weeks

Last edited:

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
I've just ordered the FR 115, mystery blue, vision pack plus, storage pack and space saver spare wheel.

Quoted 12-14 weeks for delivery.

Last edited:

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
Hello

Ordered an FR 115, Desire Red, 18" Alloys some weeks ago. Had a call yesterday to say the car is built and on schedule for early September delivery. Did request brake calipers in red but told that this is no longer an option. Anyone know the reason for this?

Gary Watt
Aberdeen

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
I ordered mine on Saturday 24th June. This Spec:

FR 115, Black, Alcantara, 18" Wheels, ACC, CC, Full LED, Keyless Entry, Pana Roof, Spare Wheel, Vision Pack Plus

I am being told the build week of 36, which is September 4th and 3 weeks to get to the UK.

You can buy the red calipers on the seat.ie site, but not in the UK. Same goes for rear power windows.

I got £2500 off at the main dealer.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Hopefully get my wife' Xcellence next week, non power rear windows is one reason I won't order an FR, seems like bad penny pinching to me.

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
Hello

Should have added the other options too in my post, never mind. Looking forward to it. Think I am looking at 1st week September for delivery. Wonder why the calipers are not an option in the UK.

Gary Watt
Aberdeen

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
They even have the option of adaptive suspension in Ireland wtf!

I’m going to hold out for them to add electric rear windows, I see a lot of the reviews of the poverty spec models in other countries even seem to have electric rear windows!

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
I was surprised at the lack of rear electric windows, strange that they're not even an option! It's no different with the new Fiesta, you have to order Titanium X or Vignale to get them as standard but at least they're an option on lower spec trims.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
A email to seat uk May be in order to get their take. I’d def order an FR if I could get them.
I contacted Seat customer services and they advised that this option has not been included on the trims other than Excellence due to the results of market research... In other words they did market research to find out where they could penny pinch. They've seemingly passed my comments to the appropriate team

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
I would hope that the wiring loom is still behind the doors.

Wait for someone to write off an Excellence, and pinch the window motor, panel and button and retrofit :)

But seriously, that really bugged me about the FR.

1. No electric rear windows
2. No armrest
3. Pure laziness in leaving the buttons on the left of the gearstick when there is room on the right.

You'll notice in the UK, the excellence spec is ABOVE the FR.
In IE the FR is above the Excellence.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.