Quality Bulbs?

Tricepz

Dec 11, 2014
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this had been posted before, i have the 115PS FR Ibiza, and i did not get the Full-LED add on.

I would like to switch the stock bulbs (which seem to light very low) to something stronger and in addition to a whiter color.

Someone can point me to some quality white bulbs and also the type that i need? (H7? for regular lights and H7 for high beam?)

Also thinking about switching the fog lights as well to be white.

Appereciate any of your comments.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
not sure about codes but my previous 16 plate golf I changed the headlight bulbs and bought some osram nightbreakers.they were twice as better as the standard bulbs.

Tricepz

Dec 11, 2014
I am more into the led headlight bulbs now, as they provide good power and also 6k color which is nice, although a good set might cost 100 dollars so it's quite expensive.

Sent from my LG-H960 using Tapatalk

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
it depends what you want but the osram nightbreakers for 12 quid were cheap and were very good especially for the money.are u able to just stick led bulbs into the headlights.
I thought you had to buy a conversion kit or something.i might be wrong ?

Tricepz

Dec 11, 2014
Yeah i still think about the night breakers.. Although the downside for me is also the yellowish color..

Related to the installation it's mainly a a plug and play, the leds usually come with a cooler fan, or some other sort of cooling but its a regular h7 bulb, just more expensive

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
the nightbreakers are ice white.not a hint of yellow to be honest.
I just found that they were a cheap good upgrade on the standard ones.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I was horrified how dull the standard bulbs were on my 115 FR, to me they were verging on being dangerous. I've just fitted 2 sets of Philips Xtreme vision bulbs. They are so much brighter than what was in before. I previously used Nightnreaker Unlimited bulbs in my Fiesta Zetec S Red edition and they seemed brighter and whiter. The fiesta had projection headlights so I think this might be why they seemed brighter. The only issue I had with the Nightbreakers were they only lasted just over a year before blowing. The Philips are rated at 450 Hrs compared to the Nightbreaker's 150 Hours. Again I'm not sure why the philips still don't look very white, the colour temp is the same as the nighbreakers so I'm once again assuming its to do with the housing rather than the bulbs.

As far as fitting LED bulbs, I though of this but remember several threads on the Ford Forum I contributed to before. The consensus was always they were not as accurate, as bright or as reliable as something like the Philips or Osram bulbs. They look good to the eye but don't light that well ahead. They can also generate a fair bit of heat, which if not set up correctly with proper cooling, can damage the housing. They are also a lot more expensive to get decent ones.

Hope this helps0

Tricepz

Dec 11, 2014
I was horrified how dull the standard bulbs were on my 115 FR, to me they were verging on being dangerous. I've just fitted 2 sets of Philips Xtreme vision bulbs. They are so much brighter than what was in before. I previously used Nightnreaker Unlimited bulbs in my Fiesta Zetec S Red edition and they seemed brighter and whiter. The fiesta had projection headlights so I think this might be why they seemed brighter. The only issue I had with the Nightbreakers were they only lasted just over a year before blowing. The Philips are rated at 450 Hrs compared to the Nightbreaker's 150 Hours. Again I'm not sure why the philips still don't look very white, the colour temp is the same as the nighbreakers so I'm once again assuming its to do with the housing rather than the bulbs.

As far as fitting LED bulbs, I though of this but remember several threads on the Ford Forum I contributed to before. The consensus was always they were not as accurate, as bright or as reliable as something like the Philips or Osram bulbs. They look good to the eye but don't light that well ahead. They can also generate a fair bit of heat, which if not set up correctly with proper cooling, can damage the housing. They are also a lot more expensive to get decent ones.

Hope this helps0
This helped a bunch! Thank you very much.
Thinking of going the safe route with h7 Philips xtreme vision or osram.

LeonCupra280

Oct 31, 2016
I got these suggestions from PowerBulbs customer service (road legal):
Dipped/high beams: PIAA Hyper Arros H7 bulbs (x2)
Fog lights: PIAA Hyper Arros H8 bulbs
License plate LED: Philips X-treme Ultinon W5W

The H7 bulbs could as well be Philips X-treme Vision which give 10% more brightness...

Now a question of mine if I may...
Anyone knows of a LED that could fit the halogen DRL triangle of the Ibiza?
The last piece of the puzzle :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members