The History of SCN

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Sibson Inn

I sure do, bloody funny that the hotel let us get away with murder

the tight cow didn't let me get away with a free bowl of cornflakes though,if i hadn't of said i had slept in my car she'd have charged me for a room too.
I've yet to see the vid of me and saul wrestling in our pants,and i don't want to EVER!!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I've yet to see the vid of me and saul wrestling in our pants,and i don't want to EVER!!

nude_scene.jpg

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
That was an expensive hole, I think I ended up paying about 200 quid for the night and bar bill for zoe and meself.

Im driving over to Chorley tuesday and wednesday, I might take a run down and paint bomb the place and write "SHUSHHHHHHHHH" all over the chalet doors.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
what you all don't know about was the absolutely amazing 0-60 battle at Alconbury where Mr Arthurton and his no expense spared (at the time, BT's weren't around yet) Ibiza Cupra 20VT and full RaceLogic support for his launch control system, took about 30 runs and a pro driver to get the fastest time of the day.

the person who set the previous fastest time....did 1 run to do it. Then he let IceCavern Pete set fire to the brakes out on track lol.

ah those were the days hahaha.

I've still got one of those SDC CD's actually!!!

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I must be about the closest member to Alconbury airfield. I've never heard of any trackdays being used on the old airfield!?

The Sibson Inn??? was that about the closest hotel you could find, it's miles away!!!

I assume that the airfield no longer partakes in any track events, would've loved to have had a crack on it.

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
AFAIK, the site changed hands a few years ago and the new owners were far more interested in using the place to store shipping containers or something. The track days that were run there were generally pretty low key events put on by various owners clubs for their members - this is back in the day when pretty much anyone who could afford to hire a venue could organise a track day, back before you needed umpteen million quids worth of insurance cover.

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Oh, and as for the Sibson Inn, someone knew the people that were running it at the time, which was why a lot of folk stayed there. Being a northerner, I used to stay with a mate who lived down the road for free.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
The site is definately used for storage now, containers, vans caravans etc.

Its a shame its not operational anymore, they used to have good air shows there. It must be twenty years ago since the last one.

Before they had the A10's up there it used to be Phantoms and U2's, every now and then Starlifters used to turn up and it was great watching them come in on the flyover at the top of Alconbury Weston hill. Mahoosive and low.

Happy days.

Shaggy

Zboyd's Pimp
I just read this.

Very Very Funny. Some defining moments of SCN for me.

1. Meeting Zboyd, M0rk, Saul, Martyn (That really was the start)
1.5 JB (Those that know, will know to hush)
2. The Puffa Jacket
3. First Pub Meet In Redhill????
4. Dave (Monkeyboy) and Lee Chung
5. Flapper Selling Parts From Chelmsford
6. Post Natal Depression (Private Joke)
7. Being recognised by SEAT
8. Revo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.