Fault Code 08320???

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
Hi Folks!

I have a Leon on an '07 plate, 2l TDI FR.

The engine light came on the other day so I did a fault code check and come up with the code 08320 has anyone got any ideas what this might be?

I have looked all over the place and found dental records and zip codes aplenty, but not a thing on my fault code.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

:think:

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
UPDATE on Fault Code 08320

Rang SEAT on 0500 222222 and was advised to call my local dealership.

USELESS!!! All I want to know at this stage is what the fault code, now codes, mean. Then I can make an educated decision as to whether to take the car in or if the engine light was on because it didn't like the colour of the diesel or whatever.

I managed to clear the engine light and it has not come back on so I am hoping that there is nothing major going on.

According to my local dealer, who is about 50 miles away, he can't tell me what the codes mean. This sound dubious to me, surely he can tell me what the machine would say if he knows the codes?

I now have had three fault codes:

08320 Engine light
00493 Dunno!
04847 Dunno!

I have cleared them all and not had any repeats as yet.

If anyone has any information on this I would be hugely grateful!

N

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
Hi,

Yup been all the way through the VAG COM and not a thing. The dealer's want me to go to them but they are 50 miles away. I have cleared all three codes and will keep an eye on the situation and if I am near them or know I am going to be near them I'll drop in and see what they can do.

Just not going out for the day to find out that it's not a problem. I have suspicions that the 08320 code is a ghost and the other two seem to refer to the ESP having a 'bogus' reading.

Like I say, I'll keep an eye on it and do what I need to...

N

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
If you want better answers on here then you need to get it scanned with something a bit more in depth than a code reader.

just one that provides the actual definition would do otherwise we're pissing in the wind.

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
I somehow managed to discover what this code means, though I am damned if I can remember where I found out about it...

It is an error code stating that my DPF emissions are not perfect. Picky or what!?!

Thanks for all your help with this folks!!!