SG Petch SEAT Durham

Delta3D

Jul 8, 2017
Durham, UK
Absolutely appalled by the service at SG Petch SEAT in Durham (Belmont Business Park).

Started off by getting a car on the 29th of July from SEAT Huddersfield, being told numerous times that I would receive a 12 Months Approved Cover Extended Warranty on the car. The car is a Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSi FR 2014.

Fast forward to 9 days, I was over the moon with the car until I saw beneath it. There was a puddle of coolant on the drive. First thing the next day when they were open I called the garage and got it booked in for a service, all sorted to be fixed in 3 days time, being told it would be covered by warranty.

Rung them up again to check if it was okay to bring it in even though the leak seemed to have stopped temporarily, however I called a third time to let them know it had started again, however this time they were adamant that it was just water after having explain that rain is not orange, does not smell of antifreeze and thirdly does not stain the drive...

Ended up taking it into the garage on Friday morning and asked if they wanted to see any of the warranty information or receipts etc and they told me that it was fine and they had it up on their system already and I was sent on my way. Comes to Friday lunch time I recieved a call, however, they suddenly came out with "Oh no, you don't have a warranty, we'll have a quote for the pricing as soon as we can".

This began a journey of hell with the car. After numerous phone calls and asking for them to double/triple check including offering the policy number (which they refused to take) it seemed to magically appear on their system. They told me it was too late to do anything and they'd have to wait till Monday for anything to happen as that is the "only day they get parts delivered" (Keep note of this for later).

So I was informed I would receive a call on Monday to let me know what is going on. Monday comes around, no call. Wait till Tuesday, no call. Comes to Wednesday and after numerous phone calls again I finally was informed they forgot to order one of the parts and it had been ordered on Tuesday, they said I may have to wait even longer till Friday if it did not arrive before 3pm today (Wednesday), despite having been told that parts are only delivered on a Monday.

Ended up calling again Wednesday evening to be told it is finally fixed however I am not allowed to take my car until the morning because they wanted to check with the mechanics. I had a meeting booked at work for this afternoon which had to be worked around as I was assuming to get the car this evening.

So far I'm on schedule to get the car tomorrow however after this whole experience I'm furious. I just spent a lot of money on a car, which I should expect to work anyway considering it only has 25,000 miles, then for it to break and have lots of hassle to get it serviced whilst not being offered a courtesy car or anything to help me a long with travel to and from work.

Absolutely appalled.

Delta3D

Jul 8, 2017
Durham, UK
Was told I would receive a call this morning. Nothing, so I chased them up and she was busy apparently and was told she would call me back, having been waiting for a call all morning. Not the best customer service.

turbod

Feb 9, 2014
North East
Absolutely appalled by the service at SG Petch SEAT in Durham (Belmont Business Park).

Started off by getting a car on the 29th of July from SEAT Huddersfield, being told numerous times that I would receive a 12 Months Approved Cover Extended Warranty on the car. The car is a Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSi FR 2014.

Fast forward to 9 days, I was over the moon with the car until I saw beneath it. There was a puddle of coolant on the drive. First thing the next day when they were open I called the garage and got it booked in for a service, all sorted to be fixed in 3 days time, being told it would be covered by warranty.

Rung them up again to check if it was okay to bring it in even though the leak seemed to have stopped temporarily, however I called a third time to let them know it had started again, however this time they were adamant that it was just water after having explain that rain is not orange, does not smell of antifreeze and thirdly does not stain the drive...

Ended up taking it into the garage on Friday morning and asked if they wanted to see any of the warranty information or receipts etc and they told me that it was fine and they had it up on their system already and I was sent on my way. Comes to Friday lunch time I recieved a call, however, they suddenly came out with "Oh no, you don't have a warranty, we'll have a quote for the pricing as soon as we can".

This began a journey of hell with the car. After numerous phone calls and asking for them to double/triple check including offering the policy number (which they refused to take) it seemed to magically appear on their system. They told me it was too late to do anything and they'd have to wait till Monday for anything to happen as that is the "only day they get parts delivered" (Keep note of this for later).

So I was informed I would receive a call on Monday to let me know what is going on. Monday comes around, no call. Wait till Tuesday, no call. Comes to Wednesday and after numerous phone calls again I finally was informed they forgot to order one of the parts and it had been ordered on Tuesday, they said I may have to wait even longer till Friday if it did not arrive before 3pm today (Wednesday), despite having been told that parts are only delivered on a Monday.

Ended up calling again Wednesday evening to be told it is finally fixed however I am not allowed to take my car until the morning because they wanted to check with the mechanics. I had a meeting booked at work for this afternoon which had to be worked around as I was assuming to get the car this evening.

So far I'm on schedule to get the car tomorrow however after this whole experience I'm furious. I just spent a lot of money on a car, which I should expect to work anyway considering it only has 25,000 miles, then for it to break and have lots of hassle to get it serviced whilst not being offered a courtesy car or anything to help me a long with travel to and from work.

Absolutely appalled.

Why am I not suprised you got a shoddy service from these people bud.....

I have used them four times for parts ....or tried to

the first was for some seat only retaining clips that were ordered incorrectly by them the first time and I had to wait days and days for them to get the correct ones ....

Second time was to get a rear brake steel to flexy line, I mean Surely they keep essential parts like that right ? WRONG AGAIN .... they said they had to order it in and it would take about five days.... I managed to get one for the next morning from my local parts shop place

Next time was to get some headlight clips ..... you guessed it half of the parts were the wrong clips again

The most recent was when an intercooler seal blew out .... I rang them, they said it would take three days to get the seal in @£10...... So I rang to pulman vw in Durham and although he couldn't see the Seat specific part number He rang the seat dealer they used in Newcastle and ordered the correct part for me, it was delivered to pulman vw before 12pm the next day @£6 ...
really not surprised you had a poor service from these people at stoneacre they seem completely inept. Can't you contact SEAT UK and get reimbursed for the parts / labour that should have been covered under warranty ?

Delta3D

Jul 8, 2017
Durham, UK
It ended up getting covered under warranty and everything is sorted. Still couldn't believe the fact that they told me they only get part deliveries on Mondays, like, they're a garage for gods sake. What are they going to do when they run out of parts on a Tuesday, wait for 6 days sitting around? Clearly trying to cover themselves up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.