Little help with updating Multimedia system and maps please

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
Hello everyone, just purchased a 66 plate Seat Toledo with Sat Nav but want to update the software and maps. Am a little confused maybe due to google links showing other brands so would rather get information from someone with the same vehicle and unit.

I have the: Device - 5QA035858A Hardware - H30 system in the glove compartment and the unit in the dashboard is the Multimedia System with no cd drive (can't post a picture).

I have initially tried to delete the maps from the SD card and then replaced them with the following navigation.com website > Seat > Toledo > 2016

However that did not work with an error about accessing the database.

Have gone back to the original 2015 maps that are on there.

Do I need to update the unit first? Also I noticed the Unlock Product option on the navigation.com website, is that for other manufacturers?

Thanks for the help!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
There is no easy freebie in the UK. You can only buy a one time only SD card with the new maps on. - quite pricey from SEAT.

Once used they can't be used in another HU.

There may be cheap pirate ones on eBay mind you.

There are also threads elsewhere here on SCN that might just discuss bypassing the security.

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
That's interesting, as the dealer last minute pulled an SD card out of another Seat and it worked straight away? This was luckily me who said there was no maps in the sat nav and being in a rush.

Must admit I feel a bit let down with the promises they made but feel good about the car though and what I paid.

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
I have successfully updated the maps on the SD Card with that little trick, thanks again!

Now need to look at the software of the unit and am wondering about adding speed camera locations if that is possible?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I have successfully updated the maps on the SD Card with that little trick, thanks again!

Now need to look at the software of the unit and am wondering about adding speed camera locations if that is possible?

Yes it is.

Easiest way is to buy a pre-formatted database from ebay for about £5.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
How did you update the maps?

Just drop a link in here to the method.

I messaged you about speed camera POI's.

If that lead doesn't pay off try pocketgpsworld.

Last edited:

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
Ah just saw you reply here about the cost for the poi.

For the map update I simply made a backup of the current SD card. Deleted all the files from the SD card. Downloaded the latest map 12.2GB zip file from navigation.com website. Unzipped the "map" folder onto the root of the SD card and finally replaced the following file from the old backup:
/maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS

And it started working.

Last edited:

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
Sorry can't post links to any site or thread due to not having 10 posts. But search for "navigation system updates".

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
Anyone know what the cheapest way to update the multimedia unit? Some sites come to £45 for a dvd, including an eBay seller.

Anywhere cheaper? PM me if needed, thanks.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Back to your previous.

Speed cameras are added to the maps as a POI file, not added to the system software.

twe69

Mar 15, 2018
Back to your previous.

Speed cameras are added to the maps as a POI file, not added to the system software.

Yep I understand that.... Not had time to sort it but got my car booked in tomorrow at Seat to see if they will do a free update as the car is under warranty still. Otherwise will chase around for a cheaper alternative.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise