SORTED , From Spain Ibiza Mk3 Radio DIN Conversion

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
SORTED , thanx to MR F

many many thanx to mr Fernandez for hunting this down in spain for me , cheers bud
The company that modifies the Seat Ibiza/Cordoba factory stereo is as follows:

KP Sport, S.L
Prat de la Riba, 43
Parets del Valles
BARCELONA - SPAIN

Tel: 00 34 935 624 303 Fax: 00 34 935 621 881

Email: [email protected] / www.kpsport.com

The price is approx £125.00 and takes 5-7 days to do. You have to send the unit for them to modify.

I have attached a jpg picture of the modified console.

Hope this is useful!

CupraSi

Thats cool Flapper well done mate and well worth a stab eh eh eh Mr Cordy Petey?

Si

ab3

Ibiza Cupra 20VT
Jul 24, 2001
Sussex, UK
Visit site
Has anybody had this mod done or know of anybody? I'm a bit reluctant to send half of my dash to a company in Spain that i've never heard of....

I presume they are the only company we've found that does this mod to the head unit??

CupraSi

£100 Pete I will snap your hand off for that mate!!!!!! ;)

Si

Doop!

ab3

Ibiza Cupra 20VT
Jul 24, 2001
Sussex, UK
Visit site
Come on....

Someone must of had this conversion done already? Or know someone who has....

I'd really like to hear from someone who has had this conversion carried out on their Ibiza to get some idea of the quality...

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
Looking at the picture, I'm not so sure I'd like this.
The stereo buttons around the display must be useless after the change....

Hmmm - just dunno.

I'd still rather fit a faceplate into the sun-visor.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
not known of any done UK yet , but my man mr fernandez is trying to swing me a DEMO version , and dont all jump @ once it may require the old unit sent back , but might as well put it up as a prize???

thats if they EVER get back to me ?

CupraSi

moi Tom erm David I mean Pete yes Pete....never mate! I am getting me Cordoba's mixed up again mate ;) :D

I will get there soon mate it always passes!

Cya later going to the funny farm for my check up!

Si

AliBaker

I'd like to see one too!

I would be very interested to see one of these completed as i have just ripped out my current stereo...

-Sony Minidisc Head Unit
-10 disc multicahnger
-Isobaric twin 10" Eminance
-4x60w RMS amp with Pioneer rears (6x4) in side pods
-Sony customs in dash

out of my '98 ibiza 1.4 as it is being traded in for a 20VT

and now i'm stuck with a casette deck, How ironic is that!
Please tell me its all worth it for the 20VT!!!!

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
now i'm stuck with a casette deck
I'm in the same boat Ali, and I know how you feel, but the 20VT is well worth it - I've even gotten used to listening to the radio most of the time.....

6 disk changer makes a big difference though, but I do still miss having what I liked to refer to my old cars as: 'Dave's Mobile Disco' :p

I am currently working on a nice install for the Ibiza, and will post some piccies when done.

AliBaker

Dave,

Yeah i need the cd changer!! where do they fit in the boot?

Do you know if each SEAT garage fit them in the same place?

If so where on this picture (Attatched) do they fit it?? cos my sub will fit back in here eventually.

If you could mark on this pic to help me out it would be a great help.

Cheerz.

davemcgo

Bad Boy ;)
Dec 31, 2001
Glasgow
I don't have any picture editing s/w in work - so I can't mark the picture I'm afraid, but I'll do my best to explain...

On your diagram, the changer sits at the back left hand side of the boot as you look in it, with the narrow end against the seat, and the long side running along the wheelarch. Cables for the changer are behind a panel under the carpet on the left wheelarch somewhere. I'm not sure where exactly, cos I didn't have to fit it...

Hope this is of some help. ;)

Miridor

Utopia in Sound is Bliss
Apr 29, 2002
Coventry/Nottingham
www.qmm.co.uk
Hello everyone i use to work for The car Audio Center in Nottingham and had the same stearo problem so i built a fiber glass build that fits neatly in the glove box that holds my stearo.
When the glove box is closed the car looks standard.
Scumbags dont no that ive got a very tasty system hiden in the car! I'll braek out the digital camera and see if i can work out how to post some pictures! its a much cheaper why of putting a stearo in the car than hacking the dash apart;)

AliBaker

Good Thinking

Nice one, :)

so , did you need to cut a rectangele in the back of the glovebox to size of the stereo, or did you just replace the entire internals of the glovebox,

very good idea, as you say pics would be cool!

but we're still left with a non useable standard dash.

out of interest please check out the thread with preout mods (if anyones interested in getting a decent audio signal out of the standard headunit to supply amps)

Pre-Outs Thread

Thanx

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.