Cat and fiddle meet 12th April 2015

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Good for me :D

If the date works wouldn't mind poping along.

Great stuff I'm going to ring the fiddle tomorrow to check there are no other events running on the 12th and see if I can get any kind of deal with spaces and food etc

Can't see there being anything booked for that time of the year and doubt there will be a mass of us bikers there either so happy days :p

On the back of this meet I've had an idea to maybe arrange an Evo loop meet a month or so after this one?

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
I've put in my diary, Evo loop meet be good too, I am more likely a back marker as I have a 'few' points so a bit saintly unless on a track :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Great stuff I'm going to ring the fiddle tomorrow to check there are no other events running on the 12th and see if I can get any kind of deal with spaces and food etc

Can't see there being anything booked for that time of the year and doubt there will be a mass of us bikers there either so happy days :p

On the back of this meet I've had an idea to maybe arrange an Evo loop meet a month or so after this one?
May's out for me got something the GF insists is important on...... :cry:

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
12th sounds like a better idea to me, didn't realise it was the Easter weekend the first week in April?

Hell yeah on the Evo loop, I'm up for that.

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Should be good, mate of mine will probably be up for it too in his Impreza

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Sorry I didn't update this earlier lads, have spoken with the fiddle-lady seems to think there are no other events planned for the 12th April but said to ring back tomorrow to confirm.

Will defiantly arrange one for the loop also for May time if that's good with people?

Btw anybody is welcome as I've already said hopefully it will be a good turnout :D

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
There is mate but they aren't everywhere iirc you see a fair few people pull over after they go past one for a minute to beat the system.

Not that I've ever done that on bike :whistle:
You shouldn't need to pull over, you don't have a front facing number plate on a motorbike :)

It's one of the only reasons i envy bikers.

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
You shouldn't need to pull over, you don't have a front facing number plate on a motorbike :)

It's one of the only reasons i envy bikers.

Have read that now they are using your leathers,boots,lid etc as a form of identification.
Not sure how that would stand in court as evidence though.

Think they will try anything to screw you over if they want to [:@]

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Have read that now they are using your leathers,boots,lid etc as a form of identification.
Not sure how that would stand in court as evidence though.

Think they will try anything to screw you over if they want to [:@]
My understanding of the way the average speed camera works is, camera 1 identifies the vehicle number plate, that information is held until the vehicle reaches speed camera 2, where the plate is read again and the time taken between the two points is calculated to give your average speed. I don't think the cameras take a picture like the Truvelo machines, where it would snap you going too fast but then need to use your clothing to identify you due to the lack of front number plate.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
My understanding of the way the average speed camera works is, camera 1 identifies the vehicle number plate, that information is held until the vehicle reaches speed camera 2, where the plate is read again and the time taken between the two points is calculated to give your average speed. I don't think the cameras take a picture like the Truvelo machines, where it would snap you going too fast but then need to use your clothing to identify you due to the lack of front number plate.

Some of the SPECS average speed cameras are rearward facing, don't know about the ones on the Cat & Fiddle though.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I didn't know that, and funny you should say. Just looked on Google and one road that was mentioned which had rear facing specs was the cat and fiddle, obviously a big biker presence on that road.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I didn't know that, and funny you should say. Just looked on Google and one road that was mentioned which had rear facing specs was the cat and fiddle, obviously a big biker presence on that road.

Yeah you do get a load up there in the summer gets a bit silly at times to be honest. It's a dodgy road and when you get people who are unfamiliar with the turns trying to race you it becomes dangerous.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeah you do get a load up there in the summer gets a bit silly at times to be honest. It's a dodgy road and when you get people who are unfamiliar with the turns trying to race you it becomes dangerous.
Usually it's a minority that ruins it for everyone else.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Usually it's a minority that ruins it for everyone else.

Amen.hence the reason when I decide to have a blat round Evo triangle (or any other part of Welsh Wales) I usually do it solo .

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ok have rang the fiddle again and there are no other events/meets planned for the 12th of April :D

When we spoke the lady was more than happy for us to be there and can accommodate us, nearer the time I'm to ring again to see if I can reserve a section of the car park.

They do good food there for anybody who wants something or if people prefer we can meet there then go to another place I after a drive maybe?

Regards

Craig

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.