Seat Wolverhampton - Barlows Motors

cupraNW

Jul 17, 2015
Wolverhampton
Bought my Ibiza Cupra mk5 there back in June. Heard bad things about them off others who own Seats bought from there and have had work done there talking about how slow the mechanics are at finding faults and how poor customer service was, but each to their own in this industry so I went anyway.

My Cupra was beautiful, saw it on eBay and went. The advertisement didn't state half the extras that the car had such as heated seats, cruise, tyre pressure warning etc I've never been in charge of buying my own car before as this is only my second car and my parents bought me my first so it was a new experience and a lesson to say the least.

First problem I had was asking the sales guy who I was purchasing from questions about the car - he had no idea what the car was really and most questions he answered very vaguely. When test driving the tyre pressure warning light came on and he kind of panicked which was quite funny he didn't know what it was for, I mean it's either the tread of the tyres or pressure itself which obviously couldn't have been checked before this test drive which again was poor and quite dangerous thinking about it.

Second problem was when it came to my gearbox DSG failing. The SEAT cover came out as I had 1 year of it when buying and he gave me the problem within minutes. Went back to Barlows for repair and took over 3 weeks for diagnosis and repair which is very poor considering they knew the problem and this gearbox is known for its faults. Luckily the SEAT cover could allow me a hire car whereas the dealership wouldn't as I'm under 21 so I would've been royally f**ked if they hadn't have saved the day. Not the dealers fault but something to note.

Third problem was a few months ago my tyre pressure light came on and I took it to a garage to be checked and the back tyres were basically bald. Partly my fault I have never checked them but a learning curve and all. I told him when I bought the car and mileage I'd done since and he said they more than likely sold you a car with under the legal limit tyres or a tiny bit over the limit as there is no way I could've burned that much rubber in such a short space of time. Only an accusation I have no proof but again worth noting.

And now, the reason this thread is being made. I was pulled by the police late last night for NO CAR TAX. I got into the police car and sat there blank faced at him because I could've sworn the tax and insurance were sorted no way I wouldn't not do it. he let me go and said I need to tax it when I'm home ASAP or he'll take the car of me (baring in mind I've been driving for 6 months without it). Then it dawned on me, I had a discussion with my salesman who added £130 onto the sales price where they would tax the car for me which is why I do not recall any part of even trying to tax my car and how I knew the price of the tax without even checking. Needless to say they'll be getting an earful and forwarded the bill and any fine coming my way because of this.

Absolutely shocking wouldn't recommend this garage to anybody unless you're very VERY desperate or, like me, the car is pretty rare and it's the best you can find.

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Thanks for the heads up i popped there for a broucher, lets say i wont be going back also.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise