Western SEAT, Edinburgh

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
Got a letter recently saying that the Collinton Rd branch was shutting and as they hadn't found a suitable premises that they would no longer be SEAT dealers from 31 October.

Hopefully we get another alternative to Arnold Clark!

rock3g

Oct 28, 2016
Bought my car there yesterday, sad they aren't going to be there for future support as they seemed pretty good. Theres also Ingrams in Kilmarnock?

Hendry

Nov 24, 2008
Glasgow
I have it on good authority that uncle Arnie Shark is opening a Seat dealership in Broxburn (their current Fiat/Abarth dealership is converting half the showroom to Seat) for people on that side of Edinburgh/West Lothian.

dMack14

Nov 26, 2016
West Lothian, Scotland
Correct, Clarkies in Broxburn now converted but weren't much use when i went in looking for parts! They didn't have a clue what i was looking for, I told them more about my car than they could tell me, but they had no idea about the 1 thing i didn't know...

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
It seems Edinburgh only has Arnold Clark SEAT left (Seafield Road). Next SEAT dealer is Uphall, again Arnold Clark. They are both useless and have fobbed me off with made up terms for some of the electronic modules (I've been inquiring about fitting a new head unit to my Mk3 Leon).

Hoping Morrisons of Bannockburn SEAT might be more helpful. Anybody have any experience with them?

Gregor

Part-time Audi defector
Jul 17, 2001
Berwickshire
I just had my Alhambra serviced at Lawries in St Boswells. Alarmingly, they couldn't fit me in for a month because they were so busy, but I explained I was heading over to France, so they shoe-horned me in at the last minute - which was nice.

Previously I was using Rutherfords in Earlston until they closed down a few years ago.

I had no issues with them and was happy with their manner and attitude. The Leon is due in this month, so we'll see how that one goes.