great deal on Toledo 1.0 TSI xcellence £11995 OTR

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but ive found a great deal on the MY2018 Toledo 1.0 TSI xcellence. its £11995 OTR.

if anyone is interested pm me and ill give you the details. as you can help me out by giving my name as a referrer.

Last edited:

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
its the new 3 cylinder 1.0 TSI 110.

0-62mph = 9.8 secs. quick enough for me.

and on short journeys I do it gets me out of the whole dpf problem.

Last edited:

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
like I say a good deal.

these arnt pre reg either.

only 7 left now.

ill post the details if people could mention where they saw the link and my user name.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Drove a Rapid SE Sport 1.0 today. They're OK but the interior is yuk compared to the Toledo.

Went next door and bought one of these top spec Toledo's.

Reflex Silver.

42% off RRP.:yes:

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
I've just purchased one of these 1.0 engine cars, so far have driven 300 miles ... drives nicely, power delivery is smooth but I have not revved the engine too hard yet, give it time to "run in" .. could not wait until September as my previous car had developed a faulty wheel bearing .... I looked at the Toledo last year, didn't like the beige upholstery colour. I paid the good price, but this means I've not got the spec I wanted - reversing camera and winter pack, and have KESSY which I didn't want! I'd also preferred to have 16" wheels, the lower fuel use and softer ride is of value to me. Also wanted to fit Michelin CrossClimate tyres which is another problem to be resolved.

display is showing 48mpg, daily commute is 38 miles each way, mixture of 20 miles motorway speeds, 10 miles country lane and 8 miles town driving ... had the car 4 days so far so much to set up, to learn how things work .....

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Smiley, I hope the car's OK for you.

I, like so many people want a certain spec of car and don't end up buying it for some reason. I wanted the Winter Pack last time but couldn't be bothered with the extended delivery wait. Same this time really, but I think the £8.6k discount is enough to soften that blow for me and I can't wait till Sept 8th to pick it up.

Would the dealer not have swapped out the 17's onto a new Toledo/Ibiza that had 16's on?

Anyway, there are all-season alternatives to the Michelin in your 215/40R17

Maxxis AP2 is recommended on Briskoda and tyrereviews.co.uk, and the newest
BFGoodrich g-Grip All Season 2 also fits.

I have also found Ohtsu, Nexen and Nitto All Seasons but I'm still looking for stockists in UK/Europe.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks - I'm fussy about tyres, been changing tyres summer / winter since 2010. might do the same again now with this car (need to sell my old winter tyres, 205/60/16) ... will leave this decision until October

Never run budget tyres, I like the extra margin of safety from premium tyres, remember it's just 4 small patches of rubber on the road at any one time.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Agree, cheap Asian tyres can be awful, but the big 6 brands are so expensive. As an example a set of Contis for a Toledo are £500 plus and the car just doesn't have the handling potential to justify spending that much at all. I was going to put Falken 914 on mine, a well rated midrange tyre for £300 a set.

Most of the brands suggested above are midrange ones though, Nittos are a bit cheap I guess.

Mind you, not all "Premium" label tyres from the big six are all that good.

In particular the Toledo's previous OEM Dunlop SP Sport Maxx are atrocious. Hard riding, extremely noisy, and they just won't wear out so you can put something decent on!
The only Premium tyre available in 215/40R17 that scores worse at Tyre Reviews UK is Goodyear EfficientGrip

Unfortunately the OEM Bridgestone fitted this time reviews hardly any better.

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Agree, cheap Asian tyres can be awful, but the big 6 brands are so expensive. As an example a set of Contis for a Toledo are £500 plus and the car just doesn't have the handling potential to justify spending that much at all. I was going to put Falken 914 on mine, a well rated midrange tyre for £300 a set.

Most of the brands suggested above are midrange ones though, Nittos are a bit cheap I guess.

it is possible to cut the cost of tyres if you shop around, always buy online and have fitted locally, but agreed price of tyres is OTT, no wonder so many motorists are running illegal tyres (in news today)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
MY18 vs MY14 thoughts. 1.0 vs 1.2

Little engine more powerful, quieter, and hopefully more economic, but has a narrower torque band.

Better interior quality, more supportive seats, better audio system (even the centre console USB/AUX works properly) and sound quality.

Better handling (not sure about the ride yet on Bridgestones)

Much better LED headlights.

Overall, its very plush compared with both the old Toledo SE and the range-topping MY18 Skoda Rapid SE Sport I last drove (which just looks cheap inside).

I only had to download some radio station logos, and the speed camera database is on the way too.

Like it a lot.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Integrated speed camera POI database loaded in now.

How much better is that than having the phone clamped over the air vents for camera warnings on the old one?

(2012-15 Seat Media 2.2 didn't allow custom POIs - or any hacking at all come to that)

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Integrated speed camera POI database loaded in now.

How much better is that than having the phone clamped over the air vents for camera warnings on the old one?

(2012-15 Seat Media 2.2 didn't allow custom POIs - or any hacking at all come to that)

Please advise how this is done? Thanks!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.