great deal on Toledo 1.0 TSI xcellence £11995 OTR

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Check eBay for speed camera update. Contact the seller and ask for your specific Nav system, not the older VAG one currently being advertised. OK?

Correct one just re-listed at about 2200hrs

Last edited:

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
This is a good deal. Cant believe rrp 20k though. I thought the toledo was meant to be a cheap family car. 20k isnt cheap. When you consider that a Leon estate/st is the same price for similar practicality. Admittedly i prefer a hatch back/saloon look car over an estate.

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
This is a good deal. Cant believe rrp 20k though. I thought the toledo was meant to be a cheap family car. 20k isnt cheap. When you consider that a Leon estate/st is the same price for similar practicality. Admittedly i prefer a hatch back/saloon look car over an estate.

Somehow I don't think many would be paying 20k but for 12k it was a bargain.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I've tried Leon's and though they are a better car, I didn't find them worth 4k or more extra over the 12k 13k Toledos I've bought.

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Cheapest Toledo on the seat site is about 17.8k i think. Cheapest Leon st is 18.3k. Thats without discounts though. Just suprised the pricing is that close. To be honest in looks i prefer the Toledo. They just dont provide engines i would enjoy and the interior is just that bit nicer in the Leon. More soft plastics etc like my exeo. The Toledo is more like my old mk4 Ibiza with a lot of hard plastic everywhere but is a lot smarter to look at than the ibiza. Well the taxis I've been in were like that. Maybe they have upgraded this in the last few years.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Exeo = Audi
Toledo = Skoda ( and a cheap one made of old parts for developing markets at that)

Surprisingly there's a difference in quality ;)

List prices mean very little, noone ever pays list for a Rapid/Toledo.

My estimate 4k difference was based on available deals on similar engines/specs

The Toledo is a rubbish car at 18-22k, but perfectly acceptable at 12 or 13. The Leon is much better dynamically, but I buy new cars based mostly on value

Last edited:

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Yeah thats fair enough. At that price its very good for the size and practicality. I wish my exeo was a hatchback although the boot normally is fine for me. I was just surprised really that they never made the toledo that much closer to being a rival to the Octavia. Not one car in the VW/Audi group really competes with it on the golf chassis. Golf, A3 and leon all have small hatchback boots and then the Jetta and a3 saloon are booted. The Octavia always has them for practicality and is still has a nice interior and a whole range of good engine and sporty options. I suppose if they did make direct competition then the octavias sales would go down a fair bit and im assuming the Octavia is a massive money maker for the Skoda brand and they dont want to compromise that.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Why do SEAT bother even publishing the laughable RRP?

There are 48 ads on autotrader now for New/Delivery Miles ones at 13k or less.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Why do SEAT bother even publishing the laughable RRP?

There are 48 ads on autotrader now for New/Delivery Miles ones at 13k or less.

If it's a company car the RRP is used for car tax purposes ... which means the driver does not benefit from the realistic prices :cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members