10 year old bottle of wax still effective today!

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
UPDATED: results pics added below

IMG_20170601_093621961_zps2oikarkw.jpg

How old is it? well the current bottles are version 2! and also i got this back when i had my 2nd car a blue ford focus this is back in around 2005!! Since then it has sat in my shed through multiple winters and summers. I have to wonder, is it still ok to use? i mean it wasnt cheap then and still isnt now.

I have opened the bottle and it still seems ok inside, still smells pleasant and is a nice creamy white. I have not given it a good shake up though.

if its ok to use then great! will it provide an extra barrier against bird droppings. If not what products would you suggest to provide an extra barrier?

Thank you folks!

Last edited:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
should be absolutely fine just give it a very good shake to make sure it's not seperated, as for a barrier against bird s**t a good wax helps but i would still recommend getting it off ASAP to avoid it burning thriugh the clearcoat and screwing up the paint, a qd and MF cloth is always carried in my boot in case of emergencies :)

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
should be absolutely fine just give it a very good shake to make sure it's not seperated, as for a barrier against bird s**t a good wax helps but i would still recommend getting it off ASAP to avoid it burning thriugh the clearcoat and screwing up the paint, a qd and MF cloth is always carried in my boot in case of emergencies :)

absolutely ive got some Autogylm bird much wipes in the armrest ready to go. Unfortunately yesterday i was caught out as you might see in the other thread, combination of me just not noticing and baking sun didn't work out well! Fixed it now though with some neat diamondbrite.

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Well i finally got around to using that bottle of tech wax yesterday and im pretty damn chuffed with the results. not bad for something that has sat in a shed roasting and freezing through over 10 years of summers and winters!

IMG_20170617_125139722_HDR_zpslnkgjip5.jpg

IMG_20170617_125152991_HDR_zpsx2f0tzj8.jpg

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Honestly im surprised its been usable considering the temperature range it will have been subjected to inside the shed. but i kept it in my house for a month, which is always cool. gave it a really good violent shake and it seems to have worked well! Tried giving the bonnet a wee shower with the hose and beading came out lovely.

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Some things last a long time if you keep them well ! I have a tub of Zymol Titanium sitting in the back of the fridge (much to my wife's annoyance and confusion) and it still smells glorious (coconuts and tropical beaches) and gives a great shine after about 11 years. That said, the fact I still have some left probably tells me I should polish the motor more often !

Ah, I think I just hit 10 posts, lets see if I can attach a picky or two ...... ack, I need 15 posts for that, later then :).

Ok, lets give that another go ...

Snarks_20VT_IMAG2097s_zps1dlok1d5.jpg

Snarks_20VT_IMAG2111s_zps8dgb2aeq.jpg

And a bit of beading action, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant with an overcoat of "well aged" Zymol Titanium

Beading_IMAG2174_zpsvbu4nsct.jpg

Cheers, Snark

Last edited: