best wheel cleaner

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Billberry is decent... I personally tend to treat my wheels similar to the paint.

Claying the wheels is often a good idea too and then get a decent wax coating on them once they are shiny so you keep the dirt and brake dust from sticking so you don't have to keep doing it.

Few coats of wax/sealant.

I used this last time...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/poorboys-wheel-sealant/prod_9.html

This is spot on treat like the paintwork. They are painted afterall.

Clay and iron treatment as required but you MUST protect with Wax. Then wash like the car in between ie with Meguiars nxt wax, any little deposits just flick off.

Wax mine twice a year with Dodi juice on 10,000 miles per yeare.

Any acid cleaners and the like will damage the wheels long term, esspecially where they have stone damage and corrode the center badge. They strip off any protection.

Stereotypically a dealer that does a complementy free wash normally undoes all this hard work when they spray with chemicals (wheels or body) Hence my car only gets washed by me.

ySoCereal

Jun 2, 2016
auto smart products are great, also highly worth using a fallout remover afterwards to really get them clean.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
KKD brakeaway (non-acidic) is my current go-to product diluted accordingly for how bad they are, usually my car getting washed regularly 1:10 is more than ample but go down to 1:5 if i ever encounter minging wheels

if there is stubborn hard to remove marks then KKD devils juice is used but very rare i use this as it is acidic so regular use wont be any good for the wheels

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
auto smart products are great, also highly worth using a fallout remover afterwards to really get them clean.

Auto finesse Iron out is one for example but this one will strip all wax.
I use when doing a proper clean and prep for re waxing.

SheepST

Aug 7, 2017
my bmw came with a cleaning pack (bought the car earliler this year), it has a alloy cleaner and it's the strongest stuff I have seen/smell. I used it on my dad's 14year old CR-V and it really worked. from what I read, it is re-branded sonax stuff. but even the bmw branded one is not too excessively expensive. it's 13 quid from amazon and last quite long.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.