New Car Detailing Yes or No?- Cupra 300 Monsoon Grey

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
I will shortly be getting a Cupra 300 5 door in Monsoon Grey, should be here around 3 weeks.
I have been looking at getting it ‘New Car Detailed’ with a nano coating.

I am looking at either Kamikaze Collection ISM Coat Pro or Gtechniq crystal serum + exo.v4 (CS Black treatment)

Both claim to give a long protection up to 24 months.

So the questions,
Is it worth getting done?

Anybody had this done and thoughts on it?

Has anybody used any of the above products or others?

Anybody recommend a good detailer around the oxford area?
This link has a 290 Cupra with New Detailing with Kamikaze Collection ISM Coat Pro and it looks fantastic.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=387765

Cheers :clap:

Last edited:

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I had my own car detailed about 2 months after buying it new. I used Opti Coat Pro on mine which I was told would provide up to 3-5 years protection depending on care. I found it made a big difference. The car is completely hydrophobic, water just rolls off it. It is much easier to keep clean and the finish once given a proper wash is brilliant still. My car is white so it really shines in the sunlight. Cost me €450 to have it in with the detailer for 2 days. This included a full paint restoration before the treatment was applied. I'd recommend it if you're as anal about your car as I am.
mZQT4Ue.jpg

UtsvwVb.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Always worth getting it done,and have heard good things about both products.
At lot of professionals use them both.
Once done though make sure you don't use a public car wash or dealer wash again though to keep off swirls.
Hand wash it yourself only with proper method.

If you want to be totally anal and can afford to then look at getting the front clear filmed too as stone chips won't be protected against with just a coating

MIKEDAVIDN

Dec 3, 2016
Getting my 2015 cupra detailed this week over 4 days, full correction then two coats of CQuartz, I'll update you when it's done.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
go have a nosey over on detailing world :)

ISM has some very good comments said about it there's a guy in the US that i know did a direct test with at least 2 of your options mentioned

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
OK,
I have got it down to two, but leaning towards Option B, as 9H has a life time guarantee.

Option A Local Detailer

Crystal Serum light with Exo v3 (£635)
Total surface protection bundle includes the wheels inside and out, interior protection products, calipers, glass, trim and exhaust.

Option B Detailer on the way home from picking the car up

Ceramic Pro 9H with Ceramic Pro Light (£750)
When the car comes in, it is checked over for anything out of the ordinary.
A full safe wash and decontamination stages are undertaken to ensure the paint work is perfectly clean and ready for preparation.

The paint then receives a single machine polishing stage to remove any defects that may have been picked up in transit, as well as improving the level of gloss overall.
Following the machine polishing stage, the car is wiped down with Ceramic Pro Cleaner to remove any polishing oils.

Nano Polish is applied via machine polisher as a primer for the Ceramic Pro coatings.
Ceramic Pro 9H is applied as the tough, durable layer and then topped with Ceramic Pro Light for the super hydrophobic and easy cleaning properties.

Wheels are removed; the brake calipers are coated as well as the arch liners being protected.
Plastic parts on the exterior like the scuttle at the bottom of the widescreen, bumper grills and around the side mirror bases/in front of the glass are protected.

Ceramic Pro Rain is applied to the windscreen and front side windows,
The interior is cleaned and protected with dedicated products for each surface.

Anybody have experiences of the above 2 systems?

Last edited:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
OK,
I have got it down to two, but leaning towards Option B, as 9H has a life time guarantee.

Option A Local Detailer

Crystal Serum light with Exo v3 (£635)
Total surface protection bundle includes the wheels inside and out, interior protection products, calipers, glass, trim and exhaust.

Option B Detailer on the way home from picking the car up

Ceramic Pro 9H with Ceramic Pro Light (£750)
When the car comes in, it is checked over for anything out of the ordinary.
A full safe wash and decontamination stages are undertaken to ensure the paint work is perfectly clean and ready for preparation.

The paint then receives a single machine polishing stage to remove any defects that may have been picked up in transit, as well as improving the level of gloss overall.
Following the machine polishing stage, the car is wiped down with Ceramic Pro Cleaner to remove any polishing oils.

Nano Polish is applied via machine polisher as a primer for the Ceramic Pro coatings.
Ceramic Pro 9H is applied as the tough, durable layer and then topped with Ceramic Pro Light for the super hydrophobic and easy cleaning properties.

Wheels are removed; the brake calipers are coated as well as the arch liners being protected.
Plastic parts on the exterior like the scuttle at the bottom of the widescreen, bumper grills and around the side mirror bases/in front of the glass are protected.

Ceramic Pro Rain is applied to the windscreen and front side windows,
The interior is cleaned and protected with dedicated products for each surface.

Anybody have experiences of the above 2 systems?

number 2 sounds a lot more thorough and he's actually going to machine polish the car to make sure it is perfect before applying a coating

also make sure you demand the dealers to leave the wrapping on the car!!

Last edited:

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
All booked , car arrives 7th, picking up on 15th, straight to Detailer, full new car protection, single stage machine polish, then base coat of Kamikeze Miyabi, with kamikaze ISM Pro,wheels off of treated back and face with Kamikaze Stance, Glass treated with Kamikaze Intenso Coat, engine bay and fabric treated with Aerospace 303.

Hard to chose, it is a product minefield.

Can't wait, two weeks to go !

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
All booked , car arrives 7th, picking up on 15th, straight to Detailer, full new car protection, single stage machine polish, then base coat of Kamikeze Miyabi, with kamikaze ISM Pro,wheels off of treated back and face with Kamikaze Stance, Glass treated with Kamikaze Intenso Coat, engine bay and fabric treated with Aerospace 303.

Hard to chose, it is a product minefield.

Can't wait, two weeks to go !
Looking foreword to the pic's

Product choice ? Good luck with that lol
Detailing is VERY subjective TBH

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise