VRSLOZ

Changing Sidelights Bulbs **GUIDE**

Gahhh

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I can't post new threads at the moment.

Is there any mods you do to the lights to have DRL's on the front and rear lights like the Cupra/Boc except for fitting Bi-xenons ?
Also, I've noticed on some people's rides their front DRL's are where the indicators are whereas on others they are just next to the full beam. Is this some kind of mod?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
the ones with DRL's are the car's equipped with bi-xenon headlights, which have them where the indicators are.
all the other headlight units have standard sidelights only which are above the main and dipped lamps.

Gahhh

Cheers guys, I had a feeling that was the case.

If you don't mind me asking, do some people change the sidelights to LED's so they can have them on in the day to look like DRL's? or is it just the small case of changing them so they look better in dusk :p

Sorry I'm a newbie to all this stuff, but when I pick up my car on Tuesday I think I may just indulge in the world of car mods ;)

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Don't worry i was a complete noob into the modding world!
Most people change them for the look at dusk. Don't like going around during the day with sidelights on, unless i had DRLs.

Gahhh

Don't worry i was a complete noob into the modding world!
Most people change them for the look at dusk. Don't like going around during the day with sidelights on, unless i had DRLs.

Haha thought that was the case.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
I was thinking of changing the orange indicators on the front to the silver ones that light up orange. Same method i havent popped the bonnet to check but can they be done as easily? Cheers.

Sorry i just found the guide! Silly me!

Last edited:

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
Decent guide there mate, will prob change ours tomorrow, the ones nearest the wing look a bit tricky to get hold of, long nose pliers job maybe?

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Maybe could use them if you've got quite big hands, even for me with little girl hands i still couldnt get to it easily.

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
Hi, thanks for the kind offer matey, we will be there tomorrow but I had a go at the bulbs this morning and managed to do them all in about 20 mins. The sidelights nearest the wing are a bit of a pain to release but plain sailing from there.

Headlamp bulbs were pretty painless too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise