Votes: 13 92.9%
  • or no deal

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I was thinking about this today and wondered if would add something to the forums at all, basically another area similar to the parts for sale area that would be used specifically to highlight deals and special offers on car parts.

For instance I posted a deal yesterday where the Halfords Pro toolkit was £80 instead of the usual £200 and thought it would be good to let other forum members know, but the best area I could find to put this in was in the General Off Topic area (luckily someone saw the post and benefitted from it)

We all like to get something for cheaper than retail and thought it would be good to maybe have a dedicated place for people to post their findings while trawling the web.

I did a quick search and can't see that this has been suggested before and just wondered what everyone thought?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Good man :)

Obviously the admins have the ultimate say on changes to the forum like this but I just thought I'd ask to see if people think it would be beneficial, if there is enough interest (unlikely looking at the response so far lol) then maybe it is something they may consider.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
There you go. I've added another vote. Thing is , admin do this for the love and in their spare time. Maybe this is something they could do at a later date when they get a bit . They do a smashing job , but maybe worth bearing in mind for future ref .
Good idea though !

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Understandable with regards to mods, the have their own lives and jobs to do and like you say this is something they try to do in their spare time. Which I have no gripes about as they're doing a good job ;)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'm putting no pressure on the admins here at all mate, I totally agree with you about the time and effort they put into keeping this place in shape, as you say this is not their job and is something they do in their spare time.

Just thought I would make a suggestion in the hope it may add something to the forum for new comers and long term members alike, we all like a nice little saving on our car bits ;)

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Totally agree with you bud . Well hopefully a few more will agree with us , and the great admin will see what can be done. I'm sure if it will benefit they will add something similar .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
In principle it could work, but there'd need to be enough throughput to make it viable on its own

Plus people will still post it in the Leon Mk2 section

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
No, group buys are bad.... Or at least we had some bad experiences where people would 'organise' a GB, and get a cut of sales

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I think it's one of those things that could either die a horrible death due to lack of activity or could turn out to be really useful and help lots of people out, it all hinges on people being bothered enough to post stuff up to share with others.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
I think it's one of those things that could either die a horrible death due to lack of activity or could turn out to be really useful and help lots of people out, it all hinges on people being bothered enough to post stuff up to share with others.

Must admit , I haven't seen many deals mentioned on here.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Must admit , I haven't seen many deals mentioned on here.

Very true mate, which I was I'm a little curious on how it would be received.

Could be that you haven't seen many because there is no dedicated area and it's not something people think to do.

Or it could be that you haven't seen any because people couldn't care less or can't be arsed to post them up.

That's why I thought I'd put a poll up to try and gauge interest, from the 29 people that have read the thread only 11 have bothered to vote which makes me think that there wouldn't be enough interest in this but maybe I'm being defeatist.

Last edited:

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
In theory the post link would work. It's like you just said...... Would people be bothered to put it on ? Many people ask for Lcr bumpers and upgrades . Could be used for things like that spotted in eBay at a bargain price??? Always having a flick on the bay and see a few good things at decent prices. It's just if others can be bothered to let others know .

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I know linking to ebay items is frowned upon in the for sale section which is fair enough but I don't know if that would be relaxed or not on an area designed specifically to highlight deals on things.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
I'm sure there's a reason that it's frowned upon, but I don't know why that is . Guessing someone has done something out of order regarding it ?? Dunno .
Have to wait and see. Mork hasn't ruled it out, so with a bit more interest maybe something could be sorted .

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members