Car vacuum recommendations

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
I had a car vacuum (one that plugged into the cigarette lighter) for my Leon mk 1 years ago which was absolutely useless so I've never really thought about getting another one. But I was on Amazon the other day and it just happened to bring up a black and decker car vac PAV1205 DustBuster Pivot as a special offer. It got pretty good reviews but I was wondering if anyone on here had used one or something similar recently, and if they're actually worth getting?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I use a Nilfisk 20T wet and dry.

Never been a fan of car vacuums as the sucking power is a bit poor from experience.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I got a cordless Dyson V6 for both the house and the car and it works well. My partner likes it too, so that's a win win.

Sihey MK3 FR

Nov 1, 2016
I bought a george wet and dry vac, expensive but I figure it will last for years and will double up for house use. So far it's fantastic!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I got a black and decker car vac, can't recall which model and it's good but not great. Have to have the car running for it to run on full power and even then the mats take an age to clean as you have to go over everything several times. I'm getting a new vacuum for the house so the current, has seen better days, dyson ball will be kept for the car duties.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I got a cordless Dyson V6 for both the house and the car and it works well. My partner likes it too, so that's a win win.

Hows the Dyson V6 btw? was thinking of getting one (friend works Dyson, can get a good discount). Currently have a VAX Gator 10.8. Its ok...if a bit weak on suction.

Your battery still going strong? Yours the V6 Car and Boat variant?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.