Resetting Aura radio

chris j t

Hi,
I have recently had my Leon repaired and while it was in the shop they disconected the battery which has caused the radio to reset and go into safe mode. When I got the car back I did as the radio manual stated but held down a button for two long and now the radio is locked in 'safe' mode? the manual states that I should just leave it for a while and it will reset itself but it has been 4 days now and it is still the same? i tried unconnecting the battery briefly but it made no difference? Does annyone know of a quick way to reset the radio?

super cupra R

Diesel Power
Apr 23, 2006
Hampshire
You need to leave your radio switched on and the ignition switched on. The radio has a built in timer and the more times you try to reset and fail the longer the time is. Dont worry it will allow you to input the code eventually.

chris j t

Ok thanks, any idea how long it will take to reset? Obviously worried about battery going flat.

davetherave

Bow chicka wowwow
Mar 29, 2006
West Yorks
I'm having the same problem after disconnecting my battery following problem with my folding mirrors Radio's in '2 safe' mode but on following the manual have turned the radio off!
Have turned it back on now but does anyone know how long it takes before you can re enter your radio code?

super cupra R

Diesel Power
Apr 23, 2006
Hampshire
I didnt know how many tries mine had before i picked the car up, so i just left it and checked it every 15 min or so, it eventually reset after 2 hours. Your battery shouldnt go flat just make sure everything is turned off exept the radio.

chris j t

It worked! nice one super cupra r left ignition and radio on for around an hour and it reset itself, really should say that in the radio manual. Thanks though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise