Mo's Mk3 Ibiza Cupra OE+ Forged & K04'd Build - 284.0bhp & 324.5ft lbs @ 1.5bar

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
This came, thanks to SERE Motors

Looks nice that, neat and tidy. Have to wire in the power for the backlights, thinking what's the best route to take, might use the light switches as I did with my previous leons

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Two projects at a time, sometimes I question my own sanity. Glimpse of how the mk3 bay looks, keeping it simple and clean for the time being.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Everything back together all working, air tight and engine ran in with the essential oil changes

Took a trip down to some local lads to get a base map put on to see how she copes

She made 249.2bhp and 291.8ftlbs with a base map @ 0.9bar

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Returned after 2 weeks to see where we are at

With no adjustment at all to the map she made 284.0bhp and 324.5ft lbs @ 1.5bar

Not a bad effort

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Wideband conversion harness arrived, thanks to Ben Parsons, a quality bit of a kit.

Genuine V.A.G parts used to make this kit

Everything is here to convert the mk3 ibiza from narrowband to wideband

Humble little Ibiza

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Good update! Out of interest, what suspension do you have? I had an H&R cup kit that I replaced last year as it was too uncomfortable. - felt like riding over a pebble was going to shake the car apart. I replaced it with a cheapish set of coilovers but they are just as bad so looking to replace them. I've had my eye on a Bilstein kit for a while but just wondering what others ones are out there

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Good update! Out of interest, what suspension do you have? I had an H&R cup kit that I replaced last year as it was too uncomfortable. - felt like riding over a pebble was going to shake the car apart. I replaced it with a cheapish set of coilovers but they are just as bad so looking to replace them. I've had my eye on a Bilstein kit for a while but just wondering what others ones are out there

Thanks mate, I have Weitec coilovers, they are firm but not bouncy.

I run ap coilovers been on the car for 3 years and they are really good I use to have ta technix which came on the car the were shocking way to harsh

I have nightmares regarding TA Technix coilover, shockingly poor. I find Pro Sport / JOMS are a slightly more forgiving.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Wideband conversion done, everything fits nicely

It made 288.94bhp/324.10ft on the wideband ECU setup, compared to 284bhp/324.5ft on the narrowband ECU above

A bit of tweaking to do now so as it stands the car is now on a stock LCR 225 map and it made 254.82bhp/257.77ft on a stock map! that's 0.7 bar

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
No need to put a 4" thick cooler on there, that is an overkill!600×300×76 is perfectly fine. Any thicker core will just create unescessary lag.

Josh_ibiza

Jan 21, 2016
Hi pal I'm half way through doing a ko4 conversion and tonight when to fit my oil return pipe and had difficulty is there any chance you could tell me what you done to make your fit as in where you cut and what you welded if that makes any sense as I Carnt quite tell if the pics thanks

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Hi pal I'm half way through doing a ko4 conversion and tonight when to fit my oil return pipe and had difficulty is there any chance you could tell me what you done to make your fit as in where you cut and what you welded if that makes any sense as I Carnt quite tell if the pics thanks

Josh, I did it all by visually looking at how the bend should be and cut / welded on the spot. Sadly I only took pictures of the final product. The easiest way to do this is to cut a small section out and re-join with a hose. How far are you with this?

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Driving back from work the car started to splutter, misfire and running on 3 cylinders. Luckily it happened literally outside our office managed to tuck it in a car park across the road. While waiting to be rescued I done the obvious checks to see if it's coil packs, spark plugs or one of the many notorious sensors.

First thoughts was it may be the turbo, faulty or fried engine loom. Hobbled the car back to unit, changed the coils, spark plugs and gave everything a once over. Car started up and drove fine again, got to my house and the same symptoms.

Scanned the car, obvious codes appeared as expected so I sat and thought for a bit what exactly have I changed recently that could affect the car in such a way.

Pulled apart the wide band harness to ensure each pin was correctly installed and made contact

Looks good so far

Everything in order

Did some more VCDS scans Spoke to Ben Parsons to see if it could possibly be the wide band conversion harness or ecu, a blown fuse relating to it, always very helpful. He advised to revert the car back to narrowband without removing the new wideband harness by removing just one part, replaced with old MAF element, narrowband 02 sensor and narrowband ECU. Car fired up and ran spot on again with no concerning fault codes.

Took apart the ECU to find

That's not good

Looking a bit grim

I think I've found the problem.

The ECU had water ingress which as you know doesn't go well with a PCB board as such. So for now i've put back the narrowband ECU until I can rectify this problem.

Last edited:

Josh_ibiza

Jan 21, 2016
Hi mate sorry for the delayed reply I'm just about to bolt turbo manifold and oil return up tomorrow going to use a hose to connect the oil return as there is no pressure it should be fine but I have put a bead in the pipes so it didn't come off thanks for the reply but getting the return pipe welded is a bit of a pain for me so going to try the way I have said do you think it will be ok

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Hi mate sorry for the delayed reply I'm just about to bolt turbo manifold and oil return up tomorrow going to use a hose to connect the oil return as there is no pressure it should be fine but I have put a bead in the pipes so it didn't come off thanks for the reply but getting the return pipe welded is a bit of a pain for me so going to try the way I have said do you think it will be ok

That should be fine Josh it's a better option than having to cut an engine mount.

If you get stuck drop me a PM, happy to help.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.