Anyone ordered the Mk3 Leon

Has anyone been brave enough to order a new Leon. If so what did you go for and what kind of deal did you get. I keep looking at the configurator and having a play.

So far I like the FR in monsoon grey, alcantra interior, winter pack and technology pack.

What would you spec be. Engine wise either 1.4 or 1.8TSi

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I also specced up the FR 1.8tsi in monsoon grey, tech pack, con pack and the 18" wheels (the nice ones lol)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL, I would get a set of 17's as winter wheels. I saw the wheels at the Paris Motor Show and they are awesome so I WANT hehehehe

I don't know whether to spend some money on my cupra and then give it 12 months and let the bugs get ironed out, then pick up a used one. Or take a risk and consider one now .... Or wait to see what the sc looks like. The 1.4 according to seat fleet sales is apparently very good, that might be enough for me with a remap and hopefully 200bhp.

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
Yes (I think!!!). Ordered 184FR (via lease for work) back in November. Checked my order online in January to find it was no longer on the lease company system. Contacted them to find out what the bejeezus was going on. Main excuse was IT system upgrade (that old chestnut). Also they were having problems with nominated dealers being unable to order the car. A dealer who said that they could get the car in time (need it for beginning of May) was found, and the new quote was actually 30 notes cheaper per month. Waiting for lease company to sort our paperwork, and also confirm that the dealer can actually source the car and isn't just saying the right words to get their business. If they can't get it I'll try for the FR150 on a shorter contract.

I'm not surprised about confusion over the availabilty of the FR184. The Seat UK website hasn't got it in the car configurator, the French site has, the Spanish site hasn't (!), whereas the German site has. The German site also has 4 x types of 18" wheel along with other accessories.

Went for Nevada White with 18" Performance Alloys. Titanium Wheels weren't available when I initially placed my order. I'm quite happy with the normal 18's. Not much of an options man, hence my unexciting extras list.

Pretty sure I'm not the first though. Jay Bob 25 has also ordered an FR184. There may be others. I took the plunge despite not having seen one as my existing contract expires in May. My last 3 Cars have been Leon FR TDi's, and the reviews have been very positive, so hopefully it'll live up to expectations. Not much else appealed to me either, which made the decision fairly straightforward.

Last edited:

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
Nice choice on the 184 fr, but I thought they had withdrawn it short term and the 150 wasthe only one on the market. I'll find out from the seat rep if you like.

Ta, that would be great. The dealer has given the lease company a date of 19/04/2013 for delivery. My concern is that once they've got the order, that they'll turn around nearer the time and say that it's been delayed. My dealings with lease companies over the years, shall we say, have been less than positive.

Last edited:
I tend to deal direct with the dealer and then send the paperwork on, when we were using Fords as lease cars i would very often find the dealer would pull the car from VHC and it would be in the dealers yard before the official paperwork had been created by the lease company.

I have to say VGL (volkswagen group leasing) are very good, quotes are normally very quick and order confirmation usually follows within 24 hours, you then get monthly updates on the progress confirming build, delivery dates etc. They are also pretty cheap.

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
Hi guys, after 4 years in a golf i've come back to seat, just ordered the FR184 with tech pack and 18's in solid white. Can't wait...

Congrats.

Were you given an anticipated delivery date? I've 'ordered' an FR184 on 18's in Nevada White, but I'm currently having problems with my lease company actually confirming it as officially ordered due lack of information on confirmed availability or delivery dates for the FR184. My current contract expires in May, but if I have to wait a few months, then so be it.

Did you order it from a local garage, i.e. SMC at Marsh Barton, Exeter, or did you go further afield?

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
The car is ordered with Hitachi Capital, prices seem to be changing weekly, so i got the order in while i could, came to £371, with white paint, 18" alloys and the technology pack. Now waiting for the order to be authorised, so will let you know you know what they say. Only difficult choice was the colour, my last leon was emocion red, the misses golf is grey and the tuscan is blue, i didn't want black because of the mileage i do, so that left white, nevada white or montsant red, all nice colours but went with boring white in the end.
Golfs been a great car, wouldn't choose the twin charger engine again although it's not bad and the dealers have been rubbish as usual.

bigdan82

Just ordered my Seat Leon FR 1,4 TSI two weeks ago and unpatiently waiting for it to be delivered sometime in the middle of April. Got the tech package, 18' wheels, alcantara seats, universo black and full-led lights.

Im a first time Seat owner but just got blown out of the water by this car who looks so amazing and seems sporty enough for me. Had my plans on buying a Golf GTi from 2011 but changed my mind when a saw this car, love at first sight do happen haha :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
Congrats, nice choice, and welcome to the fold.

Latest news from my lease compnay is that the dealer anticipates placing an official order for the FR184 with Seat in March, with delivery being late June / early July. I'm just going to have bide my time. Wouldn't be entirely shocked if there are further delays. I'm going to buy my existing lease car at the end of it's contract (May) and run it until the new one arrives. Fortunately I've already got a buyer for it (my Dad) when the new one arrives.

It seems that I'm one of the few that hasn't gone for the technology pack. I'll admit it's a great deal, however for me personally, I'm not particularly bothered by LED lights, don't listen to the radio (just music on USB stick), and I've got a Sat Nav through work. Obviously an in-built Sat Nav is neater, but to be honest I hardly ever use it anyway.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.