Remap V In line Tunit style box

Gaz_37

Am in a dilema as to whether to pursue a Re-map (Have been following Stuarts Thread with respect to ChippedUK and the ugrade on his car - nice to see the clutch holding out) or go for an in line tuning box.

The Tunit style box will allow me to put the car back to standard in about 10minutes and also have some value if/when I sell the Leon on.

Has anybody any experience of the Tunit style boxes, and if so can they recommend me one for my 52-plate 110TDi. I'm not looking for mahoosive power upgrades, perhaps 135PS and 300Nm. Is this possible with an inline?

Oct 12, 2005
I wouldnt bother with those boxes. If your going to do it do it properly. If you want a switchable map go for revo or custom code. Revo is aggresive and cutsom code is smooth. I have had both.

dboy

tunit

Hi mate, I actually have a tunit and cant fault it, however i would fork out the extra rolling road cost at theres and let them tweak it. Is really easy to remove too.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
but all it will do is overfuel, and is unable to take into account of boost & rpm & load

cheap & nasty

bellautos

I USED to sell Tunit boxes for SOME of the cars and vans that were not implemented for remaps on the tools i use.

I sold about 4 or 5 ,, they made poor power in and when they worked, i also found that fuel consumption went up on most of them due to the overfueling they caused.

I cant state that they dont do something because they do , but what they do do they do it badly IMHO.

If you want more power go for a remap........................

If your still unsure , bring the car to me and ill give you a 2 week free (on trust no payment) trial.

If you dont like it or want to go else where for a remap after the 2 weeks , there will be no hard feelings and ill return the car to stock for free.

Just dont buy a tuning box

Regards pete

Last edited by a moderator:

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
I USED to sell Tunit boxes for SOME of the cars and vans that were not implemented for remaps on the tools i use.

I sold about 4 or 5 ,, they made poor power in and when they worked, i also found that fuel consumption went up on most of them due to the overfueling they caused.

I cant state that they dont do something because they do , but what they do do they do it badly IMHO.

If you want more power go for a remap........................

If your still unsure , bring the car to me and ill give you a 2 week free (on trust no payment) trial.

If you dont like it or want to go else where for a remap after the 2 weeks , there will be no hard feelings and ill return the car to stock for free.

Regards pete

That says it all... this should be made a sticky, entitled 'Don't use Tuning Boxes'! ;o)

T

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks

Regards pete

That's a generous (and somewhat unusual) offer mate. I hope no-one freeloads a remap off you.:runaway:

Gaz_37

Pete - Thank You for the offer. I guess the confidence is there if you are offering a "Try" before you buy service.

I've posted a mail to you.

Cheers.
G.

zan

Roadhouse!
Jun 22, 2007
Highlands
A remap is definately the way to go.However, if you are strapped for cash and wanting a bit more power the tuning boxes arent too bad. Currently have 1 on my leon 110tdi and does the job ok :)

Shez

Bellauto's,
Where abouts are you based and roughtly how much for a 55 plate Leon FR+? Also what sort of gains can you get out of these cars (currently completely bog standard) and are these ok to run on the standard clutch?

Sorry, loads of questions but I've not had my Leon long and am thinking of getting a power mod done.

Cheers

bellautos

Hi
Im based in york

I take it you mean the 150bhp pd model ?

Regards pete

Shez

Just up the road then, I'm based in Leeds.

I think it's the pd model, it's the last of the old shape 1.9TDi 150bhp one.
Does that help!?

Cheers

bellautos

HI
Yes not far from me may be only 25 miles,

The cost for a remap would be £295 all inc.
You are ok running the standard clutch and i would take this into consideration when tuning it.

Regards Pete

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.