Revotechnik

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » General Topics » General Off Topic Chat

General Off Topic Chat To be used for subjects of a general nature. NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE OF THE SITE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Old 04-04-2017, 17:31   #1
TaDa

TaDa has 10 points
Alloy centre caps...Where to buy...

I need to source some nice Seat alloy centre caps.
I've recently lost one and, anyway, the colour had all peeled off them all.
I need them with an external face diameter of around 60mm and the bit behind the face around 56mm

I see them on ebay but I cannot be sure of the quality - can anyone suggest a good source?

Thanks
TaDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 20:35   #2
00lafleur

00lafleur has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa View Post
I need to source some nice Seat alloy centre caps.
I've recently lost one and, anyway, the colour had all peeled off them all.
I need them with an external face diameter of around 60mm and the bit behind the face around 56mm

I see them on ebay but I cannot be sure of the quality - can anyone suggest a good source?

Thanks
Hi Tada I got mine for the MK1 off eBay they were silver with red seat emblem rather than the standard black with silver s at emblem, they have been on a year now and so far only little sign of chipping but the is used every day all through winter so I'm happy with them, unlike the R badges which are faded after just a year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
00lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 13:37   #3
icestorm81

icestorm81 has 10 points
Surely if you spray them with a clean coat of lacquer they will not fade so quickly.
Old 17-04-2017, 18:05   #4
friddy93

friddy93 has 10 points
I bought a set of black ones with chrome seat logo off eBay and they were decent quality. I think they were from china and did the job.
friddy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 20:49   #5
00lafleur

00lafleur has 10 points
Good shout , Since discovering clear lacquer when I was doing kitchen handles I have started clear lacquering everything..if I get them again I would .. want carbon fibre look next time

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
00lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote