Leon MK2 winding noise?

Katsaris1986

Jun 13, 2017
Hi all,

I am writing to the group to post a problem that I have noticed on my car and seek advice if possible.
I have noticed this winding noise (attached) that is looping in a concistent pattern; it doesn't get faster if I rev up, nor changes if the car is moving or stationary. I can hear it very clearly from inside the car but when I pop the hood I can't hear it. Also, sometimes it doesn't do it at all; when I turn on my car it either does it or not. Car: 2012 Leon MK2 1.6TDi, DSG
Can you help me please?
The system does not let me share the Dropbox link with the recording..how can I upload it, please?

Many thanks,
Fanos

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
As a new member you can't post links (yet).

Just post the URL without the "http://" prefix. I think it will let you do that. People can then just manually paste the link into a browser window.

Katsaris1986

Jun 13, 2017
Thanks!

/s/17t2vsmmsntmkc1/My%20recording%20%233.wav?dl=0

Just add the www-dropbox-com at the beginning

Thanks for the help!

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
This is a clickable link for the benefit of others...

I have to say that I have no ideas at present. Does it only happen when the engine is running?

I think you need to try and locate where the noise is coming from. If you can hear it clearly inside the car but not under the bonnet then that suggests to me that it's probably coming from somewhere inside the dashboard somewhere (?)

Katsaris1986

Jun 13, 2017
Thanks!

Is there any series of tests I can do to see where it's coming from? The bad thing is that I had to convert my dials to mph/mph when I brought it to the UK so I hope the mechanics didn't mess up anything when they took the dash apart..

Kind regards,
F

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise