Badger5

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk3

Leon Mk3 Third Generation Leon 5 door, SC (Sport Coupé) and the ST (Sport Touring)

Old 07-11-2017, 17:09   #1
Oceansplasher

Oceansplasher has 10 points
Leon FR Rear spoiler

Hi. would like to add the rear spoiler to my 65 plate Leon FR. I know SG Petch do one for £138.12 which is primed and ready to paint, so my question is this-

Does anyone know what the genuine SEAT part no is and approx. how much a Dealer would charge for painting and fitting it?

Also, if I purchased the SG Petch one (which I think some of you guys have done, does it look good) and what about spraying and fitting it? Would I just take it to a bodyshop, give them the paint code and get them to fit it, and what would they charge I wonder? Anyone done any of this and what was end result like?

Any help greatly appreciated. I don't mind paying a bit more for genuine part and fitting if its worth the extra.
Oceansplasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 17:25   #2
yanivkoval

yanivkoval has 10 points
Hi,
You can visit Seat Genuine Accessories web site and get all the part numbers etc...

http://www.seataccesoriescatalogue.com/en/home.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yanivkoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 21:37   #3
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
I actually just got a Cupra spoiler for my FR. Looks less chavy than the accessory spoiler in my opinion.

Mine actually goes into be painted tomorrow and is costing me £90+ vat for spraying it. Although i had been quoted between £80-150 + vat for spraying from other places

One thing to remember is that there is different spoilers for the 3d (SC) and 5d versions.
The 3d codes start 5F3
The 5d codes start 5F4

I'm going to be fitting mine myself this weekend. It should be pretty easy, Tiger Seal is the stuff to use
hoppus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 22:53   #4
SteveGSXR600K1

SteveGSXR600K1 has 10 points
I was looking at the rear spoiler and side skirts on the SG Petch website yesterday. They are genuine SEAT parts.
SteveGSXR600K1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 17:33   #5
BT3469

BT3469 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppus View Post
I actually just got a Cupra spoiler for my FR. Looks less chavy than the accessory spoiler in my opinion.

Mine actually goes into be painted tomorrow and is costing me £90+ vat for spraying it. Although i had been quoted between £80-150 + vat for spraying from other places

One thing to remember is that there is different spoilers for the 3d (SC) and 5d versions.

The 3d codes start 5F3

The 5d codes start 5F4

I'm going to be fitting mine myself this weekend. It should be pretty easy, Tiger Seal is the stuff to use

Hi
Got a actual part number for the cupra one?
Do they fit properly? Isn’t a cupra slightly different ?

BT3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 19:04   #6
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT3469 View Post
Hi
Got a actual part number for the cupra one?
Do they fit properly? Isn’t a cupra slightly different ?

The SC one is 5F3827933CGRU, I guess the 5d is 5F4827933CGRU. Also the GRU just means it's primed.

but... don't expect it be to cheap they are £350-400, but i managed to pick one up for £200.

The tailgate on the two cars are exactly the same, however you need to remove the high level break light as it clips into the gap, and the spoiler has one integrated. It's a lot easier than it sounds!

Hard to explain I was thinking about making a mini guide on the weekend because I couldn't find one on here.

Old 08-11-2017, 19:08   #7
BT3469

BT3469 has 10 points
Mini guide would be amazing and I will have a look then take the plunge...

BT3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 19:21   #8
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT3469 View Post
Mini guide would be amazing and I will have a look then take the plunge...

I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 09-11-2017, 12:35   #9
Oceansplasher

Oceansplasher has 10 points
Thanks for the info provided on my OP question. A guide would be super useful and I'm pleased other forum members are considering this. Keep the advice coming guys. Cheers
Oceansplasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 16:00   #10
niallain

niallain has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppus View Post
The SC one is 5F3827933CGRU, I guess the 5d is 5F4827933CGRU. Also the GRU just means it's primed.

but... don't expect it be to cheap they are £350-400, but i managed to pick one up for £200.

The tailgate on the two cars are exactly the same, however you need to remove the high level break light as it clips into the gap, and the spoiler has one integrated. It's a lot easier than it sounds!

Hard to explain I was thinking about making a mini guide on the weekend because I couldn't find one on here.

You don't need to remove the high level brake light.
The spoiler simply sits on top of the existing tailgate.
Old 09-11-2017, 16:23   #11
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by niallain View Post
You don't need to remove the high level brake light.
The spoiler simply sits on top of the existing tailgate.
Were talking about the Cupra spoiler. Not the Accessory pack spoiler.

But you are correct, the accessory pack spoiler just glues on top.
Old 09-11-2017, 18:48   #12
Sisqo_uk

Sisqo_uk has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGSXR600K1 View Post
I was looking at the rear spoiler and side skirts on the SG Petch website yesterday. They are genuine SEAT parts.
hi, what is the part number for them? i have the genuine one from the seat website and wanna be sure its the same one. 5F0071606A.
i considered ordering from there a few months back but wasn't sure if it was genuine because of its "cheap" price. ive read some that are the real deal don't fit completely perfect.

Also how does this differ from the cupra spoiler? i thought they was the same but i did see a cupra and thought "it does look a bit different"
Sisqo_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 23:50   #13
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisqo_uk View Post
hi, what is the part number for them? i have the genuine one from the seat website and wanna be sure its the same one. 5F0071606A.
i considered ordering from there a few months back but wasn't sure if it was genuine because of its "cheap" price. ive read some that are the real deal don't fit completely perfect.

Also how does this differ from the cupra spoiler? i thought they was the same but i did see a cupra and thought "it does look a bit different"
Sorry if i sounds like a know it all, I've spent way to many hours of my life researching this!
I keep calling it accessory pack, I mean aerodynamic pack.

3 Door Seat Aerodynamic pack - 5F0071606B
5 Door Seat Aerodynamic pack - 5F0071606A

Spoiler is larger, glues on top of the tailgate, and doesn't have it's own break light.

3 Door Seat Cupra - 5F3827933CGRU
5 Door Seat Cupra - 5F4827933CGRU

Spoiler is shorter more subtle, has an integrated break light, and replaces the standard high level break light. Also glues goes on top of the tailgate

(Also funnily enough the Cupra spoiler is the same as the Leon Ecomotvie Spoiler)
Old 12-11-2017, 19:14   #14
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
Just a quick update, fitted mine a few hours ago, looks great and seems to be holding great. The test will be when I drive to work down the motorway tomorrow. Fingers crossed it doesn't fly off

I recommend getting some double sided 3M red padded tape to help with installation. Helps hold it in place whilst the adhesive sets!

I'll try get a guide written soon, although there isn't a lot too it!
Old 12-11-2017, 20:04   #15
TheVoice

TheVoice has 10 points
Would be great to see. When you say that the existing high-level brake light needs to be removed, is it easy enough to connect up the one integrated on the spoiler?
TheVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 21:05   #16
hoppus

hoppus has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoice View Post
Would be great to see. When you say that the existing high-level brake light needs to be removed, is it easy enough to connect up the one integrated on the spoiler?
Getting the existing brake light out sounds a little worrying it when you unclip it, but don't worry you won't break it. I took it out and back in 3-4 times it seems pretty tough.

The two connections are exactly the same in the same location, and fit perfectly. No faffing about modding anything. A direct fit.
Old 15-11-2017, 05:54   #17
Bubbs

Bubbs has 10 points
This is what's on my Leon

Old 15-11-2017, 11:41   #18
Sisqo_uk

Sisqo_uk has 10 points
Can you show me pics of how your car looks with it on? I have this part number ready to order but reading the cupra style is preferred choice. And where did you orders yours from?

Thanks

Old 15-11-2017, 15:36   #19
Bubbs

Bubbs has 10 points
There’s a (rather poor) picture of mine here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/show...&postcount=317

Will try get a couple of better ones, once I get my car back from the dealer (it’s had a bit of a wee wee problem involving the rear washer pipe leaking ).

I got the spoiler and skirts as part of the styling pack in the accessories brochure, they were fitted by the dealer prior to delivery.
Old 15-11-2017, 16:00   #20
Sisqo_uk

Sisqo_uk has 10 points
From what I see of it it looks good. Prob need to see closer pic of yours and the “cupra” spoiler to see what I prefer.
Hope of owners that has would like to share couple pics would greatly be appreciated.