Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » General Topics » General Off Topic Chat

General Off Topic Chat To be used for subjects of a general nature. NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE OF THE SITE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Old 03-05-2011, 23:56   #1
Syphon
SCN Admin

Syphon has 50 points
Exclamation 2011 Barcelona Motorshow - SeatCupra.net road trip and liveblog

Next Monday SEATCupra.net will be taking delivery of a loan Ibiza FR from SEAT. Bright and early I will be leaving home on the Tuesday and heading down to Portsmouth to meet up with Mark (m0rk) before we board the ferry at the start of what should be an exciting road trip to the Barcelona Motorshow. We will be returning on the Saturday.

SEAT are kindly looking after us on this trip so we can bring you live coverage from the show as well as a running diary of journey there and back.

We will be providing regular updates of the week via this forum and the site's Twitter and Facebook pages.

We might even see if we can wangle a live video broadcast from the show, wi-fi permitting.

Be sure to keep an eye on this thread as we'll bring you the latest from the show as SEAT unveil their stand and hopefully we'll get a chance to speak to James Muir if we can grab some time with him.

More to follow so stay tuned.

Scott

MK3 LEON CUPRA 300 DSG
Reader's Ride thread | Car Gallery | Twitter | SCN Main site
Syphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32   #2
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

m0rk has 100 pointsm0rk has 100 points
Estimated route is here depending on the ferry times when I book them later today.

via Le Mans & Millau Bridge

Old 04-05-2011, 07:56   #3
jc_boc
Back in CUPRA ..... R!

jc_boc has 30 points
Awesome guys!!! Hopefully you do get to spak to Muir. If you do, ask him about the new engine for the beeza hahahahhahha
Old 04-05-2011, 07:57   #4
LEE69
Stage 2 Revo'd

LEE69 has far too many pointsLEE69 has far too many pointsLEE69 has far too many points
Very nice.
LEE69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:00   #5
Stu B
DarthWombleIII & WombleII

Location: Andover - Drove: The Green Leon (Cupra) Tdi (Womble I) Now DarthWomble the third
Stu B has 10 points
Very nice - safe trip / look forward to the write up
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47   #6
ZBOYD
Looking up at the stars!

ZBOYD has 50 points
Enjoy chaps I shall keep the home fires burning.

Any 'sensible questions you might have for the guys post them in here and they'll try and put the best ones to SEAT and James Muir if they get the opportunity.

The appearance or chance of 4x4 Twin Turbo V8's is not what we class as a sensible question, so thought we'd get that one out of the way.

ZBOYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:51   #7
dav
SEAT owner no more...

dav has 20 points
Lucky guys! Have fun
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 17:30   #8
oldman

oldman has 10 points
enjoy the trip guys, we're only a tad jealous!
Old 04-05-2011, 19:34   #9
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

Phew, remembered to book the ferries when I got home....
Old 04-05-2011, 20:14   #10
Mr Cellotape
AKA Mr Ribbed

Mr Cellotape has 10 points
One question you could ask is what are they doing to improve their service standards?

You could mention that quite a few MK II Leon Cupra owners have actually changed for other brands as they are sick of the poor service standards.
Old 04-05-2011, 20:46   #11
andyj
There's no F in Quality..

Location: Derby, Derbyshire Drives: Chevy Orlando & Seat Altea
andyj has 10 points
Any sign in the near future of an Exeo version of the S4?

p.s. have fun guys

'54 Seat Altea 1.6 Stylance (Wife's car )
'12 Chevrolet Orlando 2.0 VCDi (163) LTZ [Exec Pack]
andyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 21:07   #12
jc_boc
Back in CUPRA ..... R!

jc_boc has 30 points
Seriously would like to know if they are replacing the twincharger engine in the facelift ibiza.........
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17   #13
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

Well Scott & I have had our hotel confirmed by SEAT PR - which is ace. It's looking to be an excellent trip out.

The Ibiza FR TDi is being delivered to Scott in Brizzle tomorrow, and then in the early hours Scott will head to Portsmouth, where I'll join him and dump my camera kit, EU travel bits & SCN sticker into the car.

Fast ferry departs Portsmouth at 9am, arriving in Cherbourg at about 1pm local time

This is the route we're planning to take. We'll do a stop at Le Mans mid afternoon and do as much of the race track as you can on the road.

I'm anticipating we'll get to near Clermont-Ferrand in the Volcanic region and stop there on the first night.

On the next morning, the weather being on our side I'm hoping to get up the Puy de Dome

Luckily there is a road up there

Then a quick run down over the bridge into Spain on this route

Depending on time we'll probably run up to Martorell to the factory in the afternoon as it's only a quick drive out of town... It looks like it's changed from when I went there with Ken a few years back... ie - no SEAT-Sport scrap yard any more.

Scott @ SEAT has organised a fantastic city centre hotel, meal & "drinks" on arrival which I'm sure will be appreciated!

Thursday 9am the show opens, hopefully we'll get to see some previews - I'm hoping to see a more developed IBE concept to show us the Leon III SC a little more - and I suspect at least one VAG Electric / Hybrid to be shown - maybe an Arosa replacement city car?

Lunch with SEAT, and an audience with James Muir (President of SEAT) and hopefully a chance to talk to some really great people at SEAT.

Then we'll get let out on our own on Thursday night - I'm really looking forward to this, as Barcelona is one of my favourite cities before an earlyish night as we'lve got a long day the next day.

The return route is pretty much not going to cover any of the same roads - hopefully these will be quieter based on past experience, and saves going over the same places. We'll be stopping somewhere a couple of hours short of Caen on the way home as our ferry is midday on Saturday getting in at about 2ish UK time.

Scott can then drop me off & we'll marvel at the SEAT fleet when he gets back to my place

I'll send out the link on this in an email shortly & will try to compile a list of questions to try & gleam answers to over the weekend!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:32   #14
LEE69
Stage 2 Revo'd

LEE69 has far too many pointsLEE69 has far too many pointsLEE69 has far too many points
You sound so excited (git) lol
LEE69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:38   #15
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

Yup

Forgot to say, we'll probably be using our SCN Twitter feed for progress as it's less bandwidth intensive whilst roaming between hotels & the free wifi at McDonalds

https://twitter.com/#!/SEATCupradotnet
Old 08-05-2011, 14:01   #16
jc_boc
Back in CUPRA ..... R!

jc_boc has 30 points
It's gonna be epic mate, can't wait to read all the results etc and see piccies too.
Old 08-05-2011, 14:19   #17
t0m
LCR 225

t0m has 30 points
Have a great time guys! Looks awesome
Old 08-05-2011, 16:57   #18
Red Panda

Red Panda has 10 points
Safe Journey and have a Great Trip guys
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 20:57   #19
Stu B
DarthWombleIII & WombleII

Location: Andover - Drove: The Green Leon (Cupra) Tdi (Womble I) Now DarthWomble the third
Stu B has 10 points
Got you on my twitter feed - lucky beeeepers :-)

Anyway should be a corker of a trip - suggestion video some of the drive to post at a later date ie le mans / Pue du Dome...
Old 08-05-2011, 21:00   #20
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

I'm hoping to video those as suggested, and Millau Bridge And maybe the nutty drivers in Spain