SportShifters

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Diagnostics, Tuning and Modification » Engine Discussion » TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics

TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics exclusively for SEAT diesel specific topics only.

Old 20-01-2017, 15:56   #1
clag

clag has 10 points
All filters and oil service PD150

Hi all,

Had my fr a couple of weeks now, nearly 600 miles down.

I normally service my cars as soon as i get them for piece of mind that its been done.

So ive got oil, an oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter.

When bleeding the fuel lines is it just a case of cycling the igbition on and off 3-4 times to bleed fuel in abd air out of the new filter?

Thanks in advance.
clag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 16:12   #2
Thai-wronghorse

Thai-wronghorse has 10 points
I'm not sure if that's official procedure but it's all I've ever done when changing the fuel filter on these engines.
As long as I hear the pump prime a few times then it generally coughs into action.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thai-wronghorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 17:09   #3
clag

clag has 10 points
Ive done the air fuel and pollen filters, will do the oil and filter tomorrow because ive got to get a socket to get the oil filter cover off. All were pretty manky tbh.

Looks like the fuel filter was original o_O

All i did was replace the o rings on the regulator and swap the pipes over, cycled the ignition a few times and it started first time. A little misfire for a few seconds but a dab of throttle for 10 seconds soon cleared it.
clag is offline   Reply With Quote