Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » General Topics » General Off Topic Chat

General Off Topic Chat To be used for subjects of a general nature. NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE OF THE SITE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Old 03-04-2017, 22:49   #1
YorkshirePud

YorkshirePud has 10 points
Car Brand loyalty - do you have it?

Howdy folks just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the subject matter? Do you worship a badge? Are there some makes you wouldn't touch with a barge pole? I'd consider myself now to be loyal to no manufacturer, there was a time when i was younger when i was a big Ford fan, but i think the current designs of the cars are naff, one of the reasons i never got a MK3 focus after owning a MK1 and 2 was i didnt like the look of it!

Now you might be thinking "hang on he's had a MK1 and MK2 focus? surely thats being loyal!" Not quite, when it came to choosing my MK2 i went around and looked at every car in that particular category and decided the focus was still the best fit.

I can say after owning a Vauxhall corsa as my first car i wont be rushing to buy another GM car any time soon. And i deal with lots of cars day in and out and French cars and me do not get on at all. hateful electrics!!! And fiats... AAAAAHHHHH!!!!
YorkshirePud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:18   #2
Seastormer
Cupra 280/CBF1000

Seastormer has 10 points
Since my first SEAT in 1996 (Biza GTI) I have had only SEATs, all Biza's till the current Leon. I liked the fact they were not that common and a lot cheaper than the VW they were based on.

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/se...ra%20280%20DSG
Seastormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:35   #3
craig_v520v

craig_v520v has 10 points
Not at all . I've had lots of different makes of cars and I means lots as I get bored with a car quickly sometimes lol .but after owning so many different cars I know what to stay away from now . Vauxhalls I've had haven't been very reliable and handling ain't the best . French cars are a big no no, one word on them electrics lol. In fact the most reliable cars I've owned have been ford's and vw group cars not had many vag cars but they've all been great same as ford and I've had loads of ford's . I'm now on my second seat toledo first was the v5 now got the 1.9 tdi and had a vw polo mk2 and mk3 , a mk1 seat ibiza and a audi a2 1.4tdi all the vag have had high miles and still run great . My current toledo tdi has 167k and runs mint so I'd say vw engines are great for high miles

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
craig_v520v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 19:07   #4
AndrewJB
SEAT Motorsport UK

AndrewJB has 30 points
Been with SEAT since 2005, have good friends that work for SEAT in Spain, Italy and the UK. Good friends with people who for at HQ for SEAT UK and SEAT Sport so yeh I am brand loyal.

I also own a MK2 Golf though.

Couldn't see myself ever owning a Ford, Honda, Toyota etc.

APR Stage2 420ps Instagram: @andrewjb_e13 @seatmotorsportuk
AndrewJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:13   #5
YorkshirePud

YorkshirePud has 10 points
we actually went from being an all ford family mum - fez, dad - transit connect and me focus to being nearly an all VAG faily, dads got a fabia estate now.

when most old blokes retire they might get a Jag, my dad bought a transit connect, no idea why haha
YorkshirePud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 18:03   #6
Husbandofstinky
Out from the Wilderness

Husbandofstinky has 10 points
Been pretty much running around with VAG stuff the past 15 years but also Jap stuff too for a similar time.

Neither of them (SEAT/Skoda) and (Honda/Toyota) have been nothing really much to shout about to be honest but have been dependable and reliable lumps that have felt right and done what was asked of them. Have been great tools.

Not really a flash motor person but appreciate those that are on the road. Mr mortgage off the scene then I probably would go premium on a large BMW/Merc (6 series/CLS). Until then it is bread and butter motoring and VAG/Jap stuff have been pretty good at that so far.

Years ago had old school 90's Pugs and before that 80's Fords and none of those were a nightmare either if you looked after them.

Brand loyalty - nope and will try anything if the write ups are good together with real world reliability.
Old 14-05-2017, 13:38   #7
CH1

CH1 has 10 points
was reading through this of last month.... as the last 12-13 years been loyal to the Seat brand, my current and last Seat is still the Mk1 Seat Leon. But fancied something different to Seat and its been so hard looking at the current modern automatic cars; they all seem the same.

Prior to Seats I was loyal to Alfa Romeo's having owned 2 before and think I'm back to Alfa again with the Giulia.

Seats been cracking car, it does offer more bang per buck!

Last edited by CH1; 14-05-2017 at 13:48.
CH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 13:03   #8
Bristle Hound
In The Dog House ...

Bristle Hound has 10 points
Simple answer, no

But I have had new Audi's for the last 15 years ... ahem

But I am ready for a change
Bristle Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 11:51   #9
DeenGood

DeenGood has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seastormer View Post
Since my first SEAT in 1996 (Biza GTI) I have had only SEATs, all Biza's till the current Leon. I liked the fact they were not that common and a lot cheaper than the VW they were based on.
same with me
DeenGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 19:37   #10
lil3520
IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08

lil3520 has 10 points
Datsun / Nissan showing my age now !!!!
Then Seats.
lil3520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 20:44   #11
theoldboy

theoldboy has 10 points
No loyaty all I am looking for is the car that suits my needs / budget

So as a single guy I have Cortina 1600 GT with lots of body and engine mods,
Morris Marina (no lauging to older guys/girls) but it had a stage two head and could leave a 3 litre rover standing but could not stop or go round corners (you learn to drive then),

Family come along and get a number of estates and people carriers.

Mid Life Crisis gives me a rover 220 Turbo (and what a car that was)

Back to Family cars and more people carriers

Then kids grow up and I check out what has power, drivability and in my case does not look like a boy racer (Ford RS in my personal view) and I have the Cupra (woolf in sheeps clothing and not as obvious as the GOLF R).

But my next car will be that which I can afford and suits what I am after
theoldboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 17:20   #12
JasonHughes22

JasonHughes22 has 10 points
I'm not super loyal to any particular brand. Every time I need a new car I evaluate everything available and make the choice for the best car that year. Different years I find different brands come out on top for one reason or another.
JasonHughes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 21:08   #13
lil3520
IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08

lil3520 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHughes22 View Post
I'm not super loyal to any particular brand. Every time I need a new car I evaluate everything available and make the choice for the best car that year. Different years I find different brands come out on top for one reason or another.
What car do you own now ?

Andy
lil3520 is offline   Reply With Quote