Mk1 Ibiza diesel engine swap

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Everything.

You would need to transfer, Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust, Wiring Loom, Clocks, ECU, Igniton etc.

It is possible as this has been done many times in MK1 Golf, MK2 Golf.

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
n.ireland boy :)
Everything.

You would need to transfer, Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust, Wiring Loom, Clocks, ECU, Igniton etc.

It is possible as this has been done many times in MK1 Golf, MK2 Golf.

Yeah I was thinking that the only thing I'd be concerned about is drives hubs engine mounts etc I don't mind getting a donation car for all the parts needed but I don't want to have to get stuff custom made if you know what I mean

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You will have to. Darkside keep stuff on shelf now for MK1 and MK2 Golf but only because a lot of people have it done.

I have a MK2 TDI Golf.

JonnyH

Feb 26, 2017
Anyone ever tried to fit a ASZ/ARL engine into mk1 1.9d mk1 Ibiza I know ECU and loom would need changed but what else needs changing?

Engine mounts and gearbox mounts will need custom making to fit I believe, and obviously all of the fuel system will need assessing as it may not be able to handle the different engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
n.ireland boy :)
It's fair to say it's a pretty big job then not just a case of swapping everything thing over a donor vehicle is almost a must it sounds like.

Everything sounds doable apart from the engine mount side of thinks that's something I'm gonna have to get made the 6k/2 ibizas are rare as it is I doubt theres many aftermarket parts available for them esp a tdi.

If only I could speak Portuguese lol these kind of swaps seem to be really popular over there.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members