Leon / Toledo 99-04 Hazard warning lights / Indicators - DIY repair guide

RevBillyG

Dec 23, 2017
Netherlands
15 mins and done. If you have problems with finding a switch for seat get one for golf MkIV and replace the fascia as I did.
16 quid and available in every eurocarparts. Here's the PN: 462440120.

Just did this on my Toledo and cured my issue. The Seat part was impossible to find over here (Netherlands) but the VW part did the trick nicely. Just needed to swap the switch cover over.

Thanks for the tip :)

TJW92

Nov 12, 2018
Just found this tread and it was a huge help as my indicators/hazards had more or less stopped working! I have a 2002 (2001 model) SE 20V and the dash is slightly different from the pictures sown, mine has some upright plastic bars each side of hazard switch so could not get switch out with bread knife/or similar without damaging switches and/or dash. So what I did was to remove the stereo completely plus the blanking switch cover next to heated rear window switch and could get my hand at the rear of the switches, pushed out the heated rear window switch from the rear, then pushed out the hazard switch (a fair bit of force was needed and did push some of facia off but pushed back on easily enough). Removed the hazard switch from loom and fitted the new replacement with Seat front. I used the tip regarding going to GSF and buying MK4 Golf/Bora switch (cost just over £12 in Nov 2018 plus was quoted £24 for a second hand Seat version from a breakers!) though it is physically different to Seat one with a plastic location pin missing off the rear. It does as others have said work fine and the problem is now solved! Many, many thanks to the person who created this solution. An early Audi A3 hazard switch will also fit!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.