Thought I'd better introduce myself...

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Thanks, I really like the idea of the USB, as it doesn't need power (batteries or charger) unlike an mp3 player or i-pod. What do I need? Is it just a simple lead or do I need more than this. And lastly, where can I get whatever I want?!

It should be a part available from Seat as its an option to have the USB port in there when you buy it. Shouldn't be too hard to retro fit it.. :)

USB really is the best way to go for music in cars.. My 16gig drive was fairly cheap and the amount of music you can fit on that is more than enough! :)

Red Cupra

It should be a part available from Seat as its an option to have the USB port in there when you buy it. Shouldn't be too hard to retro fit it.. :)QUOTE]

Many thanks, I need to go over to my local dealer next week sometime, I'll enquire then.
Thanks for your help.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
USB really is the best way to go for music in cars.. My 16gig drive was fairly cheap and the amount of music you can fit on that is more than enough! :)

Agreed but you don't get track names etc. off a USB stick on the head unit do you?

If so, as my brain can rarely recall where I live, remembering content and sequence of a 16GB USB stick to find a favourite track would be a nightmare! :confused:

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Maybe not on the standard one, but my new headunit banks all the ID3 tags and you can browse through the drive by file, artist, album, genre etc! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.