ESP light stuck on!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
My ESP light has come on today and refuses to go off! Pressing the button has no effect at all. Now, the thing is the service dept at the dealers was shut this afternoon and it obviously not open tomorrow, so it will be Monday before I can take it in at the earliest...
BUT: My warranty runs out tomorrow!!!!

I phoned up the dealers this afternoon but could only speak to sales (as the service desk was closed). I asked him to log the fact that I had called with the problem today (ie, before the warranty runs out) which he said he would do. So, I intend to ask them to repair it under warranty seeing as the fault occurred whilst it was still covered.

What do you think my chances are?

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
think you've done the right thing ... if they refuse ... ring seat customer services before leaving the garage to see what they can do.

0500 222 222

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Cheers, I'll stick that in my mobile. They have generally been fine with me in the past and the guy on the service desk (unfortunately!) knows me quite well from having it in with numerous problems in the past! I've always had my work done with them (bar the last service which I had done at another dealers simply for convenience) I should hope they won't be arsey about it especially seeing as I'll be taking it there for all future services plus four new tyres in a months time (well, so long as they fix this under warranty anyway! :) )

Anyone any idea what it might be? I did try slamming on the brakes on my way home tonight (on a quiet straight country road and at a low speed!) just to try and get the ABS to come on - which it did. So, I don't think that is completely buggered.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
On the wet drive way tonight I did a it of an experiment made it wheel spin so the traction control is definitely not working!!
Could it just be a sensor or is it likely to be something worse?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Ye I suppose so, but you would think after the engine had been switched off over night it would have fixed itself if so. I hope I don't get the usual 2 weeks bloody wait before they can book it in!! :( I might play the "it's a safety issue and the car is unsafe to be driving in as it is" card...

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Probably just a dirty wheel sensor , my mk1 did it all the time , used to power wash my wheels which fixed it.

Last edited:

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I spoke to them today and they said they will get it in on Wednesday (earliest it could be because they are collecting it) and they will back-date it on warranty. May as well get them to look at it if it's still covered, just in case it's an expensive job!!! :)