leon k1 suspension on my mk5 golf gt tdi

tebotsc

i have recently bought a mkv gt tdi140 and have lowered it with -50mm eibach sportline springs/ seat leon k1 shockers (cos back ones were leaking) the K1 suspension is same as golf but the Leon cupra & K1 has forged alloy hubs & wishbones (similar to old mkiv vs cupra r setup) with r32 calipers in red & 345mm discs (rear brakes setup same as gti/ed30) so i ive put wishbones on for now just waiting for my local SEAT garage to provide me with the right bolts to put caliper & discs on which im waiting 1 week for on order because their ETKA system has the wrong bolt for caliper carriers in their parts bin so has to be ordered from spain?

anyway moral of the story is the Leon K1 has something reallly special underneath what no other VAG group car has as far as ive seen for our Golfs not even r32 not sure about S3 but i will find out

i think seat did this strategy to sell the car better if not why didnt they put on flagship vw/audi R32/S3?

because if they did that i beleive that not as much sales in the seat perfomance range

all you have to do is look at polo gti vs ibiza cupra aswell you get more bang for your buck so to speak

like the mk1 Cupra R got quickshift steering rack

forged wishbones

thicker bushes

brembo brakes

when not even VAG's S3 got em

tebotsc

non cupra leons and all golf range are cast metal hubs a big difference in weight

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
The MK2 Cupra is possibly fitted with Audi TT suspension bits just like the Cupra R was. I'm sure it'll all be parts bin stuff from somewhere. Nice to know it all fits on your Golf though. Food for thought. Any pictures of it so far?

tebotsc

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg