My K1 FOR SALE in Autotrader - SCAM WARNING!!

pedy

Mar 29, 2007
denny - stirlingshire
autotrader is full of these scams.... ive been on AT alot in the last 6 months, the bast way to see if its a scam is in the pictures, if 1 of them is an email address then basically it is a scam, or if it says in the description that their phone is not working or they dont put the @ sign in email adress

like these examples i found on AT

2007 PASSAT 40000 mls
Serious buyers please contact me only at : allen.kevin51 at yahoo.co.uk . I am not able to receive phone calls at this moment ! Serious buyers please contact me only at : allen.kevin51 at yahoo.co.uk . Thank you. £5,000.

2007 vw EOS 11000mls
Feel free to contact me directly at adr33lutz (a) googlemail.com for additional info,pictures or any questions you might have.The phone numbers are unavailable.Thanks for looking!!!=========== Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Electric heated seats, Leather Seats, Parking Sensors, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Sunroof, Tilt Steering Wheel Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Side Airbags, Xenon headlights. £5,000.

if you go on autotrader, put distance to national, set to private ads only and in the keywords box type in 'contact phone' the ads are all similar and there are loads of them at way too good to be true prices,
be careful when buying people, there are loads of shady f***ers out there

bizzaboy

For the "criminals" the internet is the best ANONYMOUS means of doing their business/scams without the 'victim' being able to get anywhere close to them - in person!

For SCN Admins, or those interested...
On a previous car club I was a member of, you had to pay a £10 annual subscription.
This meant that members who posted pics could LOCK their Car Pictures so that they were only visible to other registered users that logged in, and have paid for their membership.

This does stop casual non-members from checking out all the pics of your car that you have put up, however it is a logistical nightmare for the Club Administrators, trying to keep up with membership cards, packs, annual newsletters etc etc etc (which the £10 membership from members went towards).

Being a paid member, you also had access to LOCKED portions of the Club website, which provided you with promotional money off coupons for insurance, tuning, and other commercial companies (that became an affiliate of the club). Also advance access to track days, events and rolling road days etc!

I do understand SCN is operated in a completely different way and will have different motives, however I thought you might like to hear about this concept. ;)

MarkyBhoy

That was a very silly thing for your dad to say. You can end up with a criminal record for saying things like that. But nice detective skills ;)

Cheers! to Be Honest It Was Actually a Thrilling Event.

And I Dont Think My Dad Cared Lell About Getting One, But I Still dont Think He Realised it Could of Effected His Work as an EM Fire Fighter, Ohh Well Not My Responobility My Car is :D

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Cheers! to Be Honest It Was Actually a Thrilling Event.

And I Dont Think My Dad Cared Lell About Getting One, But I Still dont Think He Realised it Could of Effected His Work as an EM Fire Fighter, Ohh Well Not My Responobility My Car is :D

how the hell have you managed to put a capital letter at the start of each word you've typed . .. :confused:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
For the "criminals" the internet is the best ANONYMOUS means of doing their business/scams without the 'victim' being able to get anywhere close to them - in person!

For SCN Admins, or those interested...
On a previous car club I was a member of, you had to pay a £10 annual subscription.
This meant that members who posted pics could LOCK their Car Pictures so that they were only visible to other registered users that logged in, and have paid for their membership.

This does stop casual non-members from checking out all the pics of your car that you have put up, however it is a logistical nightmare for the Club Administrators, trying to keep up with membership cards, packs, annual newsletters etc etc etc (which the £10 membership from members went towards).

Being a paid member, you also had access to LOCKED portions of the Club website, which provided you with promotional money off coupons for insurance, tuning, and other commercial companies (that became an affiliate of the club). Also advance access to track days, events and rolling road days etc!

I do understand SCN is operated in a completely different way and will have different motives, however I thought you might like to hear about this concept. ;)

Unclefester knows who I'm on about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
There's an easier way than locking them away in subscription paid or private galleries

If you don't want them seen or used elsewhere keep em to yaself and don't post em up in the first place

never seen a webpage/server yet able to lock away pics from free copy