2010 CR170 problem

michaelgrant406

Nov 23, 2014
Hi all, my facelift cr has a problem it pulls to the right under acceleration then pulls left when acceleration is let off. Also it creaks a little when full lock is on and steering vibrates when motorway driving.

I know the wheels need balancing to solve the vibrating the creaking noise I presumed was because it was low on fluid but it's full.

Will having the tracking done stop the pulling side to side or is it another problem ?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
Hi Michael

The first thing I would do is get the car properly aligned, by this I mean Hunter 4 Laser Wheel Alignment which is far superior than the basic systems a lot of garages have.

Luckily I have one very close to me and the guy who owns the garage is very good. He managed to sort out an issue with my old car no other garage did. Sometimes an issue at the rear of the car can be effecting the front, hence why it's best to get it properly 4 wheel aligned to be sure.

The alignmycar website should help you locate the nearest garage with the system to you.

www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Hope that helps and you manage to get to the bottom of it. :)

Last edited:

michaelgrant406

Nov 23, 2014
Thanks buddy a will do. Have you any idea on price? Mine is still under 3 month warranty but I doubt that will cover it

michaelgrant406

Nov 23, 2014
There's a place less than a mile from me that has a system similar to the hunter one its a 4 wheel computer alignment system that works on its own lift and stuff I saw them do my old car you have to input car make & model, year and wheel size etc then it shows how far out they are. I know the kid there he only charges me £30 to get it done is it worth getting it done there or traveling and getting the hunter one?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
id say get the cheapo option done first, if your car still drives like a bag of nails afterwards then you have bigger problems than geometry and need to go back to the garage you got it from

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
Price differs between garage, the one I go charge a standard cost to check it (I think about £40) and they charge for labor for how how it takes to adjust if required.

When I had my last car done it was about £60 but my Dad's Subaru needed more adjustment so was about £80. Trust me it's well worth it to ensure the cars running probably.

It's hard to say whether to use the one you mentioned not knowing what system it is etc, personally I'd always go for the Hunter system as I know it's the best.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.