DPF Regen times on idle, how lengthy? (CR170)

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hey guys and gals! :)

First time I believe I've encountered my DPF regen, not had a single DPF light come on though I have read they don't need the light to come on to enter regen mode! :)

The car is idling at roughly just over 900rpm and it's been like this now for exactly 45 minutes. Started at 08:38 now 09:23. I left the car to idle before I turned off as I never have turned a diesel off straight after getting to my destinations, I leave it to idle for 1 minute only, though jist as I went to turn the car off, the engine made an odd noise and idle went up.

What's the longest an idle regen can run for? I am absolutely gagging to get on the toilet after a night shift and heavy leg day at the gym :rofl:

--Lee

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Just switch it off mate.

It'll start up again when you next get the car up to temp, if needed

FYI a regen on the move is much much better, and can empty a DPF in maybe 10 minutes on a 4th gear coast at 60mph

Last edited:
Reactions: Israar

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
OK cheers mate it's been going exactly for an hour now, still at roughly 900rpm, if it does this when I start it up should I go for a good 4th gear 3k rpm run on the motorway?

Thanks for the quick reply too, my toilet is going to hate me lmfao! XD

--Lee

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
To be honest, until you get a light on, or have something like VCDS to monitor the soot content, i wouldn't even worry about it, as the car will re-gen whilst driving as needed

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Thanks Dan much appreciated, unfortunately no VCDS for me for now and I wouldn't know what to look for =)

Will rep you when I log on the PC later too! :)

--Lee

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.