Suspension creaks!!!

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
Alright all,
My suspension is creaking at the rear, is this normal? my 2012 Supercopa has had its suspension changed for some HK (i think, they are the cheapest ones i think) coilovers which i dont really like. car was far too low when i bought it but was assured it could be lifted. i have had this lifted and the back end started to creak and bang a bit. took it to a mate who sprayed all of the bushes with wd40 to see if it was a dry bus, the noise went away for a while but is now back

without knowing which bush solved the problem, he suggested getting a better lubricant spray to soak all of the bushes again and see how long it lasts for, or to replace all of the suspension back to standard and bushes at the same time. this seems like it would be really expensive so I decided to look at 2nd had. is the suspension the same on a 2.0TDI FR as they would have been if my FR+ was standard? I am not sure if there were any tweaks made on the supercopa?

has anyone had to "roll back" their suspension upgrade to coilovers, or even better still got their old standard set up?

cheers all

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
I have a creaking from left rear corner when parked up and handbrake on... Sounds like suspension but upon closer inspection it is actually the disc moving slightly between the pads when you rock the car.

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
does any one know if the standard suspension from a FR will be the same as a supercopa?

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
I am hoping to get to my mates garage over the weekend so he can douse the bushes in some sort of spray on lubricant see if it has a lasting effect. if not i will be looking to swap out the coilovers with some standard suspension (hopefully from a breakers)

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
I think I will be removing them once I can get my hands on some 2nd had replacement standard parts. Possibly going to look at uprated bushes at the same time

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise