Stereo upgrade RCN210 - HELP ?

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
Hello guys,

I am looking to upgrade my standard stereo on my PFL Leon MK2 FR 2007

I was looking at the RCD510 chinese model or the genuine one, but due to where i park my car for work theres a risk that it will get stolen hence why i never mentioned the RNS 315/510 as an upgrade

i like to retain the stock look and illumination

Upgrade in question is RCN210 - Chinese model which can be had for as little as £50 (pocket friendly)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Car-Stereo-RCN210-BT-CD-SD-MP3-USB-AUX-GOLF-TOURAN-TIGUAN-CADDY-PASSAT-POLO/331611844614?hash=item4d359b3006:g:gNMAAOSwZcZZt7MD

It has usb, sd card reader, aux and plays cd/mp3's aswell bluetooth built in

I don't listen to radio and mainly my own music and tired of keep burning mp3 discs

as you can see the connection is the old ISO type so a conversion adapter will be required

Now according to mk5 golf owners or Jetta owners, they have tapped into the AC controls wiring for canbus - Is this the same for the Leon? any other alternatives

It is usually plug and play but for the canbus tap in, its for the illumination and bluetooth to work

Help would be much appreciated

Not sure if anyone has tried this upgrade but its a start if im the first to raise it up :)

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
It should work fine, however, unsure of comparability with the steering wheel controls. It is designed for the Golf MK6 which electrically was compatible with the FL Leon MKII, pre FL had MK5 electrics.You will require an update surround, I believe. I know I did when I changed stereo is a FL MK2 Leon FR.

Last edited:

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
It should work fine, however, unsure of comparability with the steering wheel controls. It is designed for the Golf MK6 which electrically was compatible with the FL Leon MKII, pre FL had MK5 electrics.You will require an update surround, I believe. I know I did when I changed stereo is a FL MK2 Leon FR.

it would work fine but not sure how the canbus stuff would work, it is a different sort of wiring as opposed to how its been discussed on other forums, they've had to tap into AC for canbus,

I know i would lose the steering controls

iv already got the correct match surround as at first i was going to install the RNS-315

Im clued up with certain elements of wiring just not the canbus side of things lol

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
it would work fine but not sure how the canbus stuff would work, it is a different sort of wiring as opposed to how its been discussed on other forums, they've had to tap into AC for canbus,

I know i would lose the steering controls

iv already got the correct match surround as at first i was going to install the RNS-315

Im clued up with certain elements of wiring just not the canbus side of things lol

Electrics are slightly different, but if you don;t need steering wheel or MFD display will work just fine. CANBUS is different, I had the reverse trying to fit an RNS510 in my FL Leon, as it had firmware for the older Leon, lost MFD and steering wheel controls. However, everything else worked fine.

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
Electrics are slightly different, but if you don;t need steering wheel or MFD display will work just fine. CANBUS is different, I had the reverse trying to fit an RNS510 in my FL Leon, as it had firmware for the older Leon, lost MFD and steering wheel controls. However, everything else worked fine.

i dont have MFD display, mines just the standard one,

this is why i need to know what the AC controls wiring diagram is like so i can check if i can tap into the canbus from there

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise