Which clutch kit is better?

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Car is a stage 1 Leon cupra. I have narrowed it down to a choice between the Helix clutch/dual mass and the sachs performance clutch. Both are organic and the Helix is about £200 More.

Thoughts please people.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Car is a stage 1 Leon cupra. I have narrowed it down to a choice between the Helix clutch/dual mass and the sachs performance clutch. Both are organic and the Helix is about £200 More.

Thoughts please people.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have gone stage 2 and have been advised the Sachs is better (mixture of after sales support and less racey feel)

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
More people go for the Helix, but to be honest they both have there fair share of negative experiences that i have read over the years. Fact of the matter is they both can give you grief.

Take your pick lol

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I have had the Sachs clutch kit fitted along with the Loba single mass flywheel for over 4 years now and I have absolutely no complaints from the setup. The only downside is slight chatter at idle but that doesn't bother me at all.

The pedal is slightly stiffer than with the regular clutch but it's not excessive. I've lent the car to a few (non-car enthusiast) people and nobody has had any complaints about the setup.

I changed it out due to the OEM clutch slipping following a Revo remap.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same setup again.

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
I have Sachs sintered plate+LUK double mass flywheel for 3years now. The pedal is stiffer, but got used to it. Running 450 Nm/330 lb ft and no slipping.
The only weird thing (issue) is the whining noise when releasing pedal...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.